The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: December 1, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $119.99
Note: Includes Theatrical and Extended cuts
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

350F345E-5107-480E-B3BB-658B65338DEB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Memo to New Line/WB: If you have great teaser and theatrical posters, amazing concept art, beloved characters, and a selection of Mondo/Bottleneck posters, then your work is already done for you: don't overthink the steelbooks. :facepalm:

Gonna be all about the finish IMO. On top of that, Rambo seems so much cheaper compared to this. Granted I kinda understand its easier for them to sell these at this price point then you can Rambo. Maybe price will drop on these a tad at some point ... but if low print run, likely just sell out.

What's up with changing the typography layout of the titles? Are you supposed to read THE TWO TOWERS with increasing emphasis on each word, like a movie trailer guy voice?

• Haha
Reactions: BluCrazy2 and DMD4k
One more nitpick, and then I'm done for now. :) I can imagine a discussion in the office where the graphic designer asks a co-worker, "Hey, which of the two towers is it that was the most important one in that movie?" "Oh, it doesn't matter—put whichever one you want in the foreground, and make the other one really small, off to one side."

• Haha
Reactions: Leafs17 and Basil
Art aside (I like Fellowship, rest are meh) I wish they'd gone with a bigger set here. The 3 film discs plus of all of the extras in each steel. Same for the Hobbit films. It would be nice to finally condense everything into one set.

What's up with changing the typography layout of the titles? Are you supposed to read THE TWO TOWERS with increasing emphasis on each word, like a movie trailer guy voice?
What's with Caslon Antique font for the parts' titles?.. That typeface was never used for LOTR!

I quite like them. But then I expected much worse

I’m guessing these will be available around the world at some point plus the same steels HDZeta will use on their silver edition. Plus they have a WEA on the horizon too (overkill yes but choices for all)

I like them but hadn't really noticed the white blobs.... Now I have :(

So random and pointless.

Will likely wait for the Zeta silvers and golds.

The Fellowship art is really good (white spirit/magic? dots aside). And they come in a tin, so I'm twitchin'.

Would need to keep the current boxsets to retain the bonus features, tho :(