The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
So.. after receiving this on Monday dented and I planned to return... I realized I was f***ed as my account is so old it was bound to an old work email. I terminated that email address a month ago. As my computer was replaced two months ago, Amazon was going to send information to my old email address when I log in. So now I cannot log in, so I cannot return it. Bejesus, what a numpty I am...

I'm going to chalk this down to (expensive) experience :eggonface:

You can login into your amazon account using your previous login details if you not already updated email or pasword details on your Amazon Account
When you login you can then update either email address and password on your account
All commumation between yourself and amazon when you update email address on your account uses that new email address even on any outstanding pre orders or previous orders you done using your old login details

Even if you had a email address deleted by your email provider that won't stop you from login into amazon account to update details unless you don't remember your password
Older login details are not gone unless you change on your Amazon account the email address and password
When you change email address on Amazon Account you just use that new email address as your login with the password you use for that account.

If you have forgotten your Amazon login details
Do you have Android or Apple device that you have used to login into your amazon account beside using your old computer

You can usually see login in details of various websites accounts and mobile apps as in username and password on mobile devices and tablets
It varies by how to access username and passwords details saved on a mobile device

Do you not remember your login details as in password
Do you have a mobile number listed on your Amazon Acccount if yes you can use this to update password if your email address no longer working

Did You Know?
Have you tried our Password Reset page?
If you’ve already tried to reset your password, but haven’t received an email from Amazon, check your Junk or Spam folder.
If you can’t access your email, try resetting that first through your email provider.
If you have recently updated your password, your old password could still be saved in your browser, try clearing it and re-typing in your password.
If you need more password help, call us at +44 808 1453768.

Last edited:
Still no notice of mine, and it's been 21 day now since delivery. Zavvi strikes back... (not only Solo steelbok but now I don't receive this one either)

My Hobbit boxset arrived today, to my shock. It wasn't packaged like the LOTR set in a close-fitting box -but in a bigger 'The Hut' box with lots of bubble wrap. I'd tried to get CS involved to get a replacement but they just informed me today they have no stock on order, so it could potentially still be the original order.

tumblr_mh7zp8gAXF1qa9jn1o2_500.gifv

Maybe it might still come?

I was one of the lucky ones who has been able to snag one after the release when it showed up and i received it today. Safe and pristine condition. However the Hobbit wasn't so fortunate and it had a dent on the back. I contacted Zavvi about it and still waiting for an answer.

regards zavvi had this mail the other day from them for black sails an instock steelbook and prob explain quite a bit have a read

Hello xxxxxx

Thank you for placing order xxxxxxxx with Zavvi international.

We are sorry that your order may not have been delivered yet, Royal Mail have informed us that there have been some delivery delays and that your parcel may be impacted.

Your order is processing through Royal Mail sortation hubs and they’re doing everything possible to speed up your delivery. We have been told to expect delivery to take place within 14 days of the despatch date. If after this time you have still not received your order then please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service through you account and they will look into this for you.

Rest assured we are working closely with our carrier partner to keep delays to a minimum and that you receive your order as soon as possible if not already.

Kind Regards,
Zavvi international Customer Service Team

I finally got my LOTR today and the case is luckily in good nic but why does the case and steelbooks have these horrible silver holes all over the artwork? It looks F***ing terrible.
I actually though I'd recieve a damaged copy.
Anyone else feel the same?
I've tried adding a pic but it says the image file is too big, will try and add one on my HD 144p old phone :shipped:

Here's some photos from my old phone,
IMO it ruins the artwork, if these weren't 4k and it was just a first time blu ray steel book release for LOTR I would of given them a miss and waited for the next one.
If this wasn't one of my favourite film franchises, I wouldn't of even looked at the set twice, it's a shame really.

Attachments

• 1608670859770-1622652883.jpg
    1608670859770-1622652883.jpg
    915.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 1608670888813388245677.jpg
    1608670888813388245677.jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 1608670915250-2103236712.jpg
    1608670915250-2103236712.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 177
Anyone in Canada receive theirs yet? I got The Hobbit set last week but this one hasn’t arrived (and they were both shipped out the same day)

Here's some photos from my old phone,
IMO it ruins the artwork, if these weren't 4k and it was just a first time blu ray steel book release for LOTR I would of given them a miss and waited for the next one.
If this wasn't one of my favourite film franchises, I wouldn't of even looked at the set twice, it's a shame really.

It’s just a design choice, like ink blots? I don’t mind it. All in all I like these steels but fully anticipate a superior alternative later down the line.

0F07BBDE-0260-4C01-99CF-8F2C744FA641.jpeg

Reactions: STUBANKS