The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #16) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: January 31, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £34.99

C0DDE7CB-09DA-4D01-98FB-128087A83858.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another ToC kind of gimmick that would be cool (but that obviously is not what they did): Real-world image of something from the Matrix on the front of the steelbook, with a glow-in-the-dark layer of the Matrix glyphs.

It's been a long while since I've seen the second two movies (and honestly, not planning to watch them again, ever), so maybe I've forgotten, but is "The Matrix is everywhere" a line from the movies? It would make more sense to me for a pin that says "What is the Matrix?" from the original marketing materials. (That is...if any pin ever makes sense...)

It's been a long while since I've seen the second two movies (and honestly, not planning to watch them again, ever), so maybe I've forgotten, but is "The Matrix is everywhere" a line from the movies? It would make more sense to me for a pin that says "What is the Matrix?" from the original marketing materials. (That is...if any pin ever makes sense...)

Yes, Morpheus says it in the first movie, here's full quote:
"The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

The pins used to be the saving grace for a lot of these editions, but even those have becoming increasingly boring/unimaginative.

Sadly they are, their choices used to be something less obvious but still part of the film If the pills are too obvious, they could have gone with the white rabbit or a Heart O' the City Hotel badge perhaps. Maybe even one of the Sentinels would have made a very cool pin.

Yes, Morpheus says it in the first movie, here's full quote:
"The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."
Ahh, thanks. That's why it didn't stick in my mind. I heard it as a line, not as A Line.

Sadly they are, their choices used to be something less obvious but still part of the film If the pills are too obvious, they could have gone with the white rabbit or a Heart O' the City Hotel badge perhaps. Maybe even one of the Sentinels would have made a very cool pin.
I had a white rabbit pin design good to go, but never got around to actually going ahead with it... think I went off the idea over time lol. A sentinel one would be cool!

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Forgot to mention in my fit of negativity earlier that I do actually like the look of this edition... packaged up at least (same goes for most of their stuff).