Release date: October 30, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $32.99 - $29.99
SKU: 6289682

MR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: dfoles
There are now separate listings on BB for each individual movie listed as steelbook, but their price are 32.99 each. The individual listings of 27.99 are still there with no mention of steelbook, so there may be 2 versions. The trilogy set doesn't say anything about steelbook yet.

As someone who's seen only the first two movies once back when they were released, I don't really get the bent spoon and keys motif being used here. Were they important elements of the 3rd film's Grand finale that I missed?

As someone who's seen only the first two movies once back when they were released, I don't really get the bent spoon and keys motif being used here. Were they important elements of the 3rd film's Grand finale that I missed?
No. They were objects used in each film. The bent spoon was at the oracle's house when neo first met her. A child was bending a spoon with his mind and offered neo a try. The keys represent the key maker who neo had to rescue in the second movie.

I get their symbolism, but these don't look classy at all.
These are just continuing Warner's minimalist wave we've had for a few months in other steels, only this time in a matrix green shade.

I was at a store today that had 2 complete sets on display. @AcIDc0r3 I could check again there if you don't have any luck
Well, @Ricker is actually sourcing them for me but I can't pay for Reloaded or Revolutions until the 15th. I can guarantee payment on that day if you can source those two. Anyways just let me know via PM so we don't derail the thread.

It appears that all three of the steelbooks are now available to order, hopefully the last two stay that way until I can buy them. October and November whew! Taking a toll on the ole' wallet.