The Middle Earth Collection (Blu-ray Limited Collector's Edition) [USA]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 4, 2016 (Amazon) - November 1, 2016 (In stores)
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Import CDS
Price: $499.96 $389.99 $328.45 (Amazon) - $559.99 (BB) - $503.91 $368.75 (Import)

1000568050_BRDBEAUTY_9d0b4bd8.jpg

In-hand pics by @srngsmb HERE

1000568050_BRDRGT_cffb9913.jpg

A1s7jP7fYpL._SL1500_.jpg

Middle Earth Collection:UCE (AMAZON/6-pack/BD) (BD)

- For the first time ever, Academy Award®-winning director Peter Jackson's epic adventure is available in one spectacular limited collector's edition box set.
- The Limited Collector's Edition includes 30 discs featuring all six Middle-earth films in their extended edition forms, housed in six stunning faux leather books and a collectible Hobbit-style wood shelf. The one-of-a-kind wood shelf is crafted from solid wood with design selected by Peter Jackson.
- In addition to the extended edition release of every film, the collection also includes all previously released bonus content from both the theatrical and extended editions.
- Exclusive premiums designed for the collection include: · Spectacular 100-page sketch-style book with replica The Red Book of Westmarch, filled with original film sketches and new artwork · Original reproductions of exquisite watercolor paintings by acclaimed conceptual artists Alan Lee and John Howe, framable and wall-ready
- THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY – Follow Bilbo Baggins, who – along with the Wizard Gandalf and 13 Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield – is swept into an epic and treacherous quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor. THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG – Our heroes escape the giant Spiders and Wood-elves of Mirkwood before encountering the mysterious Bard, who smuggles them into Lake-town. Finally reaching the Lonely Mountain, they confront the Dragon Smaug. THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES – The Dwarves of Erebor have reclaimed their homeland, but face the consequences of unleashing Smaug. As five great armies go to war, Bilbo fights for his life, and the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must unite or be destroyed.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING – With the help of a courageous fellowship of friends and allies, Frodo Baggins embarks on a perilous mission to destroy the legendary One Ring. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS – In the middle chapter of this historic movie trilogy, the Fellowship is broken but its quest to destroy the One Ring continues. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING – The final battle for Middle-earth begins. Frodo and Sam, led by Gollum, continue their dangerous mission toward the fires of Mount Doom in order to destroy the One Ring.

Last edited:
Seriously ridiculous they probably won't sell many at that price. Maybe theyll come to their senses and lower it sometime in the future.

They should've used the material whats used for the Dexter Bloodslide box and price it for 250-300. 799$ is ridiculous :stop:
And I adore LOTR but I don't even like the Hobbit Trilogy that much.

Reactions: elle82
They should've used the material whats used for the Dexter Bloodslide box and price it for 250-300. 799$ is ridiculous :stop:
And I adore LOTR but I don't even like the Hobbit Trilogy that much.
Theyve lost their minds, they cant think or expect people to pay this kind of money for a set despite how stunning it is. Its just not fair, or right, to charge this much.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Curious...why 2 listings? One for email notification and one where you can pre-order?
There seems to be talk about the fact that Peter Jackson wanted to have a brand new Behind The Scenes Documentary for the Ultimate Edition and Warner shot this down. Putting 3D discs into the set for The Hobbit movies on your own is a pretty easy affair...but this is not a set that I will immediately jump on. More info is needed. For one- At $800 I would want an ironclad guarantee that there would not be another, better set later on....

Last edited:
Putting 3D discs into the set for The Hobbit movies on your own is a pretty easy affair...but this is not a set that I will immediately jump on. More info is needed. For one- At $800 I would want an ironclad guarantee that there would not be another, better set later on....

this set costs 800$..its supposed to be the ultimate collectors set...how can truly be that if it doesnt include basic things like 3d versions or theatrical cuts? why should anyone have to buy them separately after paying a huge amount of Money (even if this end up to 250 $ price)...there is no excuse

this set costs 800$..its supposed to be the ultimate collectors set...how can truly be that if it doesnt include basic things like 3d versions or theatrical cuts? why should anyone have to buy them separately after paying a huge amount of Money (even if this end up to 250 $ price)...there is no excuse
Not disagreeing on any of those points. But this spectre of a proposed new PJ documentary means that whatever this set is - it may not be the last of its kind. And I am sure Warner is getting earful about its shortcomings and price. What I'm thinking may happen, is this gets released, and then later on down the road a different UCE gets released that has the new PJ Doc plus all the Theatrical and 3D cuts as well. An UCE ultimate Double Dip that would be unforgivable for a studio to do to the Tolkien/Jackson fans.

yes it doesnt include the highly anticipated PJ documentaries and the LOTR extras are still in Standard definitition. except for the Packaging we understand that warner hasnt put any effort to this set...and the fact that doesnt include the 3d versions or theatrical cuts lead to the conclusion that there gonna be another LE set...Warner is gonna milk the cow and although its natural and understandable they should respect their customers...

Reactions: C.C. 95
yes it doesnt include the highly anticipated PJ documentaries and the LOTR extras are still in Standard definitition. except for the Packaging we understand that warner hasnt put any effort to this set...and the fact that doesnt include the 3d versions or theatrical cuts lead to the conclusion that there gonna be another LE set...Warner is gonna milk the cow and although its natural and understandable they should respect their customers...
I really hope the images are mockups, and the release date it wrong - just so there is a chance that Warner can get all the email and realize that this needs to be fixed. It's one thing to buy an Iron Man steelbook and realize that a better one is coming that is better than the $30 dollars you already spent - QUITE another for that to happen to $800 spent.

$800 price is nuts
Anyone who purchases this at that price must have lot of disposable income

Very strange pricing

It should be max $80 to $100 and even less In my opinion

$800 price is nuts
Anyone who purchases this at that price must have lot of disposable income

Very strange pricing

It should be max $80 to $100 and even less In my opinion
I don't see the problem with a very high end, high quality set that is impeccably made.
I fear that this may not be that.

Warner have confirmed to some film websites some well known ones the $799.99 price is correct

Totally nuts the pricing has someone at Warner been smoking something unusual :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Warner are greedy, and havent given a thought to the majority of fans who just cant afford this. And even if some could, its an outrageous price to pay.

You know what? For $800, you should get the Extended AND Theatrical cuts with that set. You should also get the 3D discs for The Hobbit. This is mind-boggling.

Reactions: elle82
You know what? For $800, you should get the Extended AND Theatrical cuts with that set. You should also get the 3D discs for The Hobbit. This is mind-boggling.
Find some nice editions of the books, a ruler & a box cutter to hollow them out (insert your blu ray editions), and a then find a good Amish carpenter for the spice rack holder. Probably cost less.
I'm pretty happy with the book-style editions from Japan.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and elle82
For that kind of money you'd think Warner Bros. could put artwork on the discs for a change instead of that ugly black they seem to use all the time now.
For that kind of money, Warner better forge a ring that works :p

$800 USD + shipping = > $1000 CAD...:stop:...No way i'm paying that price when it doesn't include the 3D or the theatrical editions on disc nor does it include the original LOTR movie. And this is supposed to be the 'ultimate collector's set'? :censored:

Love that edition! I actually bought it for 100 USD on sale. They will not sell out this edition, which means it will go on sale eventually. So here's to hoping ~$200 somewhere down the line.

And @C.C. 95, I can bet you that $800 that this will not be the final edition. First they will probably do a so called 'UE' for both trilogies seperately. And if they dont include 3D in that, then there will be another 'UE' for that. Later, they will release a '4K UE' which wont be a real 4K edition because some genius decided to scan it at lower res. And then some years later, if we're lucky and there is demand, we'll get a true 4K UE.
...damn...i think i just layed out WB's plan for the next 20 years :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885