The Middle Earth Collection (Blu-ray Limited Collector's Edition) [USA]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 4, 2016 (Amazon) - November 1, 2016 (In stores)
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Import CDS
Price: $499.96 $389.99 $328.45 (Amazon) - $559.99 (BB) - $503.91 $368.75 (Import)

1000568050_BRDBEAUTY_9d0b4bd8.jpg

In-hand pics by @srngsmb HERE

1000568050_BRDRGT_cffb9913.jpg

A1s7jP7fYpL._SL1500_.jpg

Middle Earth Collection:UCE (AMAZON/6-pack/BD) (BD)

- For the first time ever, Academy Award®-winning director Peter Jackson's epic adventure is available in one spectacular limited collector's edition box set.
- The Limited Collector's Edition includes 30 discs featuring all six Middle-earth films in their extended edition forms, housed in six stunning faux leather books and a collectible Hobbit-style wood shelf. The one-of-a-kind wood shelf is crafted from solid wood with design selected by Peter Jackson.
- In addition to the extended edition release of every film, the collection also includes all previously released bonus content from both the theatrical and extended editions.
- Exclusive premiums designed for the collection include: · Spectacular 100-page sketch-style book with replica The Red Book of Westmarch, filled with original film sketches and new artwork · Original reproductions of exquisite watercolor paintings by acclaimed conceptual artists Alan Lee and John Howe, framable and wall-ready
- THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY – Follow Bilbo Baggins, who – along with the Wizard Gandalf and 13 Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield – is swept into an epic and treacherous quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor. THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG – Our heroes escape the giant Spiders and Wood-elves of Mirkwood before encountering the mysterious Bard, who smuggles them into Lake-town. Finally reaching the Lonely Mountain, they confront the Dragon Smaug. THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES – The Dwarves of Erebor have reclaimed their homeland, but face the consequences of unleashing Smaug. As five great armies go to war, Bilbo fights for his life, and the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must unite or be destroyed.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING – With the help of a courageous fellowship of friends and allies, Frodo Baggins embarks on a perilous mission to destroy the legendary One Ring. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS – In the middle chapter of this historic movie trilogy, the Fellowship is broken but its quest to destroy the One Ring continues. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING – The final battle for Middle-earth begins. Frodo and Sam, led by Gollum, continue their dangerous mission toward the fires of Mount Doom in order to destroy the One Ring.

Last edited:
Can't believe some people will actually buy this? Consumerism gone mad. This site does show some good material but equally represents an ugly face of capitalism/consumerism. Just full of impulse buyers and shopping addicts. For $700 you could go away on a decent holiday or put some money towards home improvement or your kids' university funds. I made a big mistake when I bought the marvel phase 2 set which is hands down one of the cheapest, tackiest and overpriced blu-ray sets I've ever come across and this gave me food for thought. What the hell am I doing? After all these are movies and only the discs will play and provide me what I need. The packaging on some of these movies adds no value except benefit the sellers and movie bosses because they know they can take advantage of gullible people like us. Guys, think long and hard before you buy any SE, LE, Steelbook etc and ask yourself is it really worth it.

Reactions: laz305
Yes it's expensive. Yes it's faux leather. Yeah it's a cheap chinese-made wooden shelf. Yeah it's stupid that they don't include the 3D versions of the Hobbit films. And it's insane that they didn't let Jackson provide additional and never before seen extras and deleted scenes. I have them all on multiple DVD and blu ray releases already....

BUT! Look at that display! Look and the perfection of the design, this is the kind of set that made me a collector in the first place and keeps me collecting. I have dreamt about an ultimate middle earth set for ages, and now it's here. I will, with the blood of my child get this!!!! :) If you're a fan of these films and a true admirer and collector of great blu ray/dvd sets, there's no excuse.... you get this! This will be the absolute pride of my entire film collection!

I will see if the price drops a bit, but I'm not doubting getting this for a second!

Reactions: elle82
Your nuts!!!
Yes it's expensive. Yes it's faux leather. Yeah it's a cheap chinese-made wooden shelf. Yeah it's stupid that they don't include the 3D versions of the Hobbit films. And it's insane that they didn't let Jackson provide additional and never before seen extras and deleted scenes. I have them all on multiple DVD and blu ray releases already....

BUT! Look at that display! Look and the perfection of the design, this is the kind of set that made me a collector in the first place and keeps me collecting. I have dreamt about an ultimate middle earth set for ages, and now it's here. I will, with the blood of my child get this!!!! :) If you're a fan of these films and a true admirer and collector of great blu ray/dvd sets, there's no excuse.... you get this! This will be the absolute pride of my entire film collection!

I will see if the price drops a bit, but I'm not doubting getting this for a second!

Your nuts!!!

Why?!?! Isn't this a collector's forum? Aren't we here because we share a common interest in collecting films on physical media? Don't we love collecting collector's editions and sets? Aren't we here sharing our admiration for this, and escaping our wives and husbands constant whines, about how we can spend money on something, we can just stream or download?

Can you argue why I'm nuts? In fact I am nuts! I'm nuts about collecting great editions of the films I love, I'm a nerd! I take it as a compliment :)

I think it's insane that people spend a lot of money on collecting stamps and art, and yet again I understand them, I share the collector's gene with them.

Don't misunderstand me, but I think you're nuts for not buying this (if you're fan of the films of course), or at least for not understanding why some who shares the same interest as you, would spend a little extra for a cool set.

Can't believe some people will actually buy this? Consumerism gone mad. This site does show some good material but equally represents an ugly face of capitalism/consumerism. Just full of impulse buyers and shopping addicts. For $700 you could go away on a decent holiday or put some money towards home improvement or your kids' university funds. I made a big mistake when I bought the marvel phase 2 set which is hands down one of the cheapest, tackiest and overpriced blu-ray sets I've ever come across and this gave me food for thought. What the hell am I doing? After all these are movies and only the discs will play and provide me what I need. The packaging on some of these movies adds no value except benefit the sellers and movie bosses because they know they can take advantage of gullible people like us. Guys, think long and hard before you buy any SE, LE, Steelbook etc and ask yourself is it really worth it.
If those are your feelings, you are hanging out at the wrong site. 'Worth' is in the eye of the beholder.
And I hate when people start telling other people how to live their lives, and and how to spend their own money and their own time. If you don't dig it, fine. There are other hobbies for you.

Last edited:
Consumerism gone mad. This site does show some good material but equally represents an ugly face of capitalism/consumerism. Just full of impulse buyers and shopping addicts. For $700 you could go away on a decent holiday or put some money towards home improvement or your kids' university funds.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything; in fact, I think you make couple of valid points, but oh man, I lol'd at the irony :censored:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95 and bigrob
Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions. We dont know each others financial situation, so if someone wants to purchase this for $800, awesome for them. I just want them to do an unboxing on here though with plenty of pics. lol. @bloodsnake007 :rofl::D
I also want to see more pics :photo: But I can guarantee you @elle82, those pics wont be from me! :woot: :hilarious: :rofl: LOL! :wacky:

Unless you want to see pics of a funeral...

"Here lies Bloodsnake. He was killed by his angry wife!" Death from a high heel! :D
bekah-x-kol-kol-and-rebekah-34835611-496-279.gif

Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions. We dont know each others financial situation, so if someone wants to purchase this for $800, awesome for them. I just want them to do an unboxing on here though with plenty of pics. lol. @bloodsnake007 :rofl::D

It's not just that but it there's actually no value for money in this. It contains a wooden shelf that some 16 year old kid can construct in a GCSE woodwork course plus contains DVDs with no 3D blu-rays or even 4K/UHD versions. As I said, it's for the gullible people plus nobody can seriously compare this with collecting stamps and art?!! I'm not not trying to tell people how to live their lives or spend their money but $700 dollars for DVDs and some blu-rays?!! It's really insane.

Reactions: elle82