The Middle Earth (Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £299.99 - £269.99

kdTv4B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes me SO mad. First come first served. What a load of crap. We on this forum were some of the first and are being made to wait the longest.

First come first served sounds like the people who ordered it first DO get it shipped first. Last come, first served would be shipping the last orders first

Mine's not shipped nor has my account been debited; I ordered on 15th October. At one point the order said it would be dispatched on 8th November, but I don't see that anywhere anymore. Very curious.

Last edited:
sorry mate but i was one of the very First to order it and i am still waiting...

Well, if it helps, I was one of the very last people to order. I didn't get in until after it went of of stock a few times. And I'm still waiting. So it's definitely not going in reverse order of purchase.

According to Amazon customer service, they won't be dispatching any of the items they said they'd dispatch today, and they won't have any in stock until 26 November. They offered to upgrade the shipping speed for me (appreciated as I'm based on the U.S. East Coast), then rescinded the offer because the cost was prohibitive for them. Amazon, disappointing on pre-orders as usual.

Spoke to amazon customer service chat, and despite me ordering on 24th September, they do not know when they will be getting stock in to fulfil my order!

Update - after speaking with customer service chat, 3 hours later and mine has been dispatched! Hmmmm

Last edited:
Entertainment store have this for sale. Click on the link on post #70. They say it will arrive on Monday but it might be earlier than that

Spoke to Amazon. They said mine would get shipped normally during the day. Still no status change.
Although I am not in a real hurry. :)

Amazon cancelled my 2nd copy.
Ive received mine now but I did order 2, one for me and one for another collector. Amazon cancelled my second copy and said due to lack of stock each customer can only order one each. I explained that its not my fault Amazon did not order enough, I ordered 2 as soon as it went live, they gave me £5 off my next purchase, woopedo ! big deal, they didn't honor their agreement.

Has anyone else had their order cancelled by Amazon ?

Last edited:
POOR QUALITY CONTROL AND NOT WORTH THE MONEY £269
Bought from Amazon UK

I ordered 2 for Christmas presents for kids and nephews but Amazon cancelled one due to lack of stock.

NO 3D FILMS INCLUDED - Other Extended Editions of the films that have previously been released for the 3 Hobbit films include 3D as well, AT THIS PRICE £269 you would expect it to have 3D copies for the Hobbit films.

THE SAME CONTENT AS PREVIOUS EXTENDED EDITIONS RELEASED The films and extra content are the same as other Extended Editions of the films that I already have. The Hobbit and LOTR has just been repackaged to get more money out of you and sadly I fell for it.

HOW IT LOOKS - This is a really nice idea for a limited collectors edition for the Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings Trilogy's. Display discs inside leather embossed books on a hobbit book shelf with lovely well chosen images inside.

DSC00442.JPG
DSC00443.JPG
DSC00446.JPG
DSC00460.JPG
DSC00452.JPG
DSC00453.JPG
DSC00456.JPG
Pages of book.JPG

Its a pity because it is a nice edition if it wasn't for the following FAULTS AND POOR QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES that I have found in my edition and have now returned it to Amazon UK for a full refund, for me it was the right choice and happy with it.

Wouldn't surprise me if this edition was returned by another customer and Amazon sent it out to me because there was no factory seal on anything, they will probably send it out to another customer once Amazon receives my damaged one.

FAULTS AND POOR QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES

Book case (made in China)
1. A lot of the wood is covered in thin veneer and not very well glued in some places.
2. Some surfaces have not been very well sanded down. The front edge of the base of the shelf has visible pencil lines and half the length of this edge is rough and covered in visible machine lines which can be sanded off.

Faults 1.JPG

Leather Books That Hold Discs
(made in US / Mexico)
1. Hobbit Book 1 : Glue on 2 facing pages inside front cover along edges of page.
2. Hobbit Book 3 : Disc 1 Blu-ray with movie on it has a 1 inch scratch on play side.
3. LOTR 1 Book 4 : Inside front cover pages, one page has a crease top to bottom of page near spine.
4. LOTR 1 Book 4 : Disc 3 DVD The Appendices Part 2 From Vision To Reality has scratches on the play side.

Faults 2.JPG

Collectors Box (made in US / Mexico)
1. Little bashed at corners and edges. Collectors box placed inside cardboard box, pushed up against one corner, protective packaging only placed on 2 sides of the box because collectors box was not placed in the middle of the cardboard box.

I ordered 2 as soon as they went on sale and now I don't even have one copy for the kids Christmas, thanks Amazon you really do care about your customers.

Has anyone else had similar problems ?

Last edited:
WHAT CONDITION DID YOUR ITEM ARRIVE ?
Bought from Amazon UK

This is a really nice idea for a limited collectors edition for the Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings Trilogy's. Display discs inside leather embossed books on a hobbit book shelf with lovely well chosen images on each page, pity because it would have been perfect if it wasn't for the following faults that I have found in my edition:

Book case (made in China)
1. A lot of the wood is covered in thin veneer and not very well glued in some places.
2. Some surfaces have not been very well sanded down. The front edge of the base of the shelf has visible pencil lines and half the length of this edge is rough and covered in visible machine lines which can be sanded off.

Leather Books That Hold Discs
(made in US / Mexico)
1. Hobbit Book 1 : Glue on 2 facing pages inside front cover along edges of page.
2. Hobbit Book 3 : Disc 1 with movie on it has a 1 inch scratch on play side.
3. LOTR 1 Book 4 : Inside front cover pages, one page has a crease top to bottom of page near spine.
4. LOTR 1 Book 4 : Disc 3 DVD The Appendices Part 2 From Vision To Reality has scratches on the play side.

Collectors Box (made in US / Mexico)
1. Little bashed at corners and edges. Collectors box placed inside cardboard box, pushed up against one corner, protective packaging only placed on 2 sides of the box because collectors box was not placed in the middle of the cardboard box.

I will include photos with this post later when I have more time.

I am going to contact Amazon with these faults I have found and because its sold out and they probably have no replacements and very expensive as well, going to ask for £50 refund or I might just return it to them because Im going to have to do work on the book shelf like sanding off all the marks and tidy up the poor finished surfaces on the book shelf. Will let you know how I get on, fingers crossed its not another £5 off next purchase.

Has anyone else had similar problems ?
Mine will arrive in 3 days and ill post here the condition mine arrived in. I would ask for some money back too if the condition isnt what it should be, especially for that amount of money.