The Most Ludicrous DVD/Blu-ray Box Sets Ever

Sep 11, 2011
An interesting article I found in empire online. Some of you may already have seen this but I'd thought I'd share anyway. Interesting to note what a major publication thinks of some of the wierd and wacky dvd/blu-ray collector editions there are out there. I do think this is a recent article and covers some new releases such a Marvel's Avengers briefcase etc.

Enjoy!!

http://www.empireonline.com/features/ludicrous-dvd-blu-ray-box-set-packaging/p1

What an intriguing article. I enjoyed looking at all of those editions. Funny enough, one of the most ludicrous editions of them all on there -- the Hogwarts Castle -- is one that I've always loved and have always wanted.

That Planet of the Apes head freaks me the hell out, though. :hilarious:

Thanks for posting this.

What an intriguing article. I enjoyed looking at all of those editions. Funny enough, one of the most ludicrous editions of them all on there -- the Hogwarts Castle -- is one that I've always loved and have always wanted.

That Planet of the Apes head freaks me the hell out, though. :hilarious:

Thanks for posting this.

You could use the planet of the apes head as a mop!! It looks like a stuffed animal! Not very nice at all.

I think the more ludicrous things are the prices rather than the editions, I remember when Play.com couldnt give those terminator heads away, they were £17.99 at one point, same with that Predator head, I remember them on one of those satellite TV 'price drop' type channels going for peanuts too...now all of a sudden they are asking crazy prices for them second hand

Great article! :thumbs:

I own:

• The Dark Knight With Miniature Batpod (Blu-ray)
  • The Lion King African Drum Trilogy Collection (Blu-ray)
  • Planet Of The Apes: The Ultimate Collection (DVD)

:movie:

$7.99 for Wanted is nice. Too bad it's DVD. Then again I'd probably leave it on the shelf anyway.

There's a blu-ray edition of the Wanted set, it's currently $19.99 + P&P at iNetvideo.com

I have it and it's a very chunky set, the clear slipcover is actually clear plastic and about 5mm thick (1/4 inch) with a fake bullet embedded in it

A few more pictures in this thread

Last edited by a moderator: