The "New Release" & "Catalog" Steelbook Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi Steelbook nuts!

We have been asked to gauge interest on your picks for upcoming Blu-Ray Steelbooks.

To share your thoughts, please list the following in your responses:

***Top 3 "New Release" Steelbooks and

***Top 2 "Catalog" Releases

These would be movies that you would suggest for Steelbook treatment and purchase, if they were released.

This is an open discussion thread without a vote on specific titles. The suggestions from the hidefninja.com community will be sent on to decision makers.

Thanks Everyone-Have fun!

DB

A few more...Neverending Story with an extensive remaster/restoration (art could be amazing). Swiss Family Robinson (Disney), The Dark Crystal....

I'd like to see the following:
- Armageddon
- 1st Superman movie with Christopher Reeve
- Dune movie
- Mad Max

Would love to see the Pink Panther movies get a steelbook. The Seller's classics not the remakes.

Does your dog bite?? :D

I miss Peter Seller's he was a comic genius!! :(

Wait, how are the Tomb Raider movies not in Blu-ray SteelBooks? Seems to me they are the perfect kind of films for this.

New release
Lion King
Cars 2
Winnie the Pooh

Catalog
Black Hawk Down
Any Quentin Tarantino movies

black hawk down and res dogs are coming in germany, pulp ficrion and jachie brown have french releases.
you are half way through your wish list :D

my wish would be very extensive.

new releases

every new release for me :D
but then i would be skint. im happy enough with whats coming up.

back catalogue

soooo many, but my most wanted would be:
robocop
gremlins 1&2 in a 2 film set
ghostbusters 1&2 in a 2 film set
butterfly effect (just the first film with theatrical and directors cut. the other 2 films can be in there if need be)
braveheart
the remaining bonds
the remaining batman films
titanic
mummy trilogy
oceans trilogy
predator trilogy (with both transfers of the first film)

i could go on

For me:
New Release:
Thor
Transformers Dark Of The Moon
Captain America
POTC 4
Super 8

Back Catalogue:
Swordfish
Jurassic Park (as individual releases)
King Kong
Armageddon (using the "Black" Criterion release artwork)
The Alien Quadrilogy (as separate releases)
The Incredibles

New Release:
1 - Black Swan
2 - Man from Nowhere (thought this was getting released, but changed to digi)
3 - I Saw the Devil

Korea been making some good flicks. A lot better than all these over-the-top, poorly acted comic book crap in the US, but that's just my opinion.

Catalog:
1 - Machinist, The
2 - King Arthur
3 - Master & Commander
4 - Braveheart

This list can go on & on. Of course there's the obvious series ones like Alien, Predator, Terminator (1), Bourne, Star Wars, Godfather.....yikes, so many possibilities. I really like the X-files season suggestion aswell. :D

Hey CP-post moved to our "Steelbook Suggestion" thread. Great addition!

Thanks for moving it, it's really a better place. ;)

So, I have more suggestions. :D

New Releases:
Game of Thrones 1st Season
Green Lantern
The Dark Knight Rises :naughty:

Catalog:
Transformers: The Movie (1986)
Star Wars (all 6 :twisted:)
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Robocop
Commando
Farscape (Complete Series :p)
Akira (not B region locked :()

Regards,
Cezar

Last edited:
New Release:
1 - Black Swan
2 - Man from Nowhere (thought this was getting released, but changed to digi)
3 - I Saw the Devil

Korea been making some good flicks. A lot better than all these over-the-top, poorly acted comic book crap in the US, but that's just my opinion.

Catalog:
1 - Machinist, The
2 - King Arthur
3 - Master & Commander
4 - Braveheart

This list can go on & on. Of course there's the obvious series ones like Alien, Predator, Terminator (1), Bourne, Star Wars, Godfather.....yikes, so many possibilities. I really like the X-files season suggestion aswell. :D

This is getting a French release as part of "Russell Crowe Trilogy" in October.

Last edited:
awsome idea for capt americs steelbook

I was thinking after seeing capt american today I hope they do a bluray steel book of this movie and make the steel book the shape of capt sheild painted the same colors. I would def buy this.

Last edited:
I was thinking after seeing capt american today I hope they do a bluray stell book of this movie and make the steel book the shape of capt sheild painted the same colors. I would def buy this.

Wouldn't be a Steelbook then, just a collectible tin, like the X-Men one, unfortunately. Has to meet the specs laid down by Scanovo I think you'll find. Nice idea mind.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be a Steelbook then, just a collectible tin, like the X-Men one, unfortunately. Has to meet the specs laid down by Scanovo I think you'll find. Nice idea mind.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thanks yeah your right guess it wouldnt be a steelbook then I hope they at least put the sheild raised out of the steelbook if theres one.

Steelbook Wish list

Apologies if this already has a thread, if so mods please delete

I was wondering what movies peeps would like to see in Steelbook form that isnt out.

For me my first one would be the original Superman Movie. With the right cover art I think it would be epic.

I'd like to see some classic films given the Steelbook treatment. Stuff like Casablanca, Wizard of Oz (This one may be happening! Yay!), Citizen Kane, Maltese Falcon, It's A Wonderful Life, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.