The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this written in their terms and conditions when you purchase from their webite to not resell the items? However, I only buy them from Karels GBs for my own collection, thus I don't care too much.

It is not written, but people still get judged by them and are victims of witch hunting (you should see some Czech discussions on Facebook...). Also it is not written that they will take away your collector's numbers if you criticise certain things in some Facebook fan groups...yet this **** happens. Filmarena crossed the line too much several times and as I can see, every other topic turns into discussion about their rules/behaviour etc. That means people are starting to be aware of that and that's a good thing. Because Filmarena is the only one to blame for such ridiculous prices on eBay, it is because of their communist "you are the chosen one/you are not the chosen one" policy. I wonder when this stupid Filmarena/FAC hype stops, I think yesterday was too late!

Reactions: Scary Hair
If I remember rightly there is an option when you are selling on ebay for your picture to be used for "future reference". I don't allow it. Glad of that considering some of the chancers on ebay using what is other people's property.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
OMG! Someone bought it!
image.jpeg
Don't get me wrong...
I love this piece. I own Two of them. But the combined total I paid for two of them was Waaaayy less than this price! And I purchased two of them within the last 8 months - so their rarity Of coming up for auction is being a tad over exaggerated.
But, damn...dude got taken....
And he still charged for some shipping!:LOL:

Last edited: