The Pianist (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
2k run

Release Date: September 15th (was 11 August 2014)

£17.99

Buy link: The Pianist (Sold Out!)

The Pianist.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:
But this is sewagecanal we are talking about

Come on, StudioCanal has given us three of the finest releases of the year imo : Rush, There Will Be Blood and This is Spinal Tap :cool: — and I know some people dislike them because they could have been much better but I'm rather fond of their steels of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo, and I hope they'll continue what I hope is the beginning of a full Ghibli steelbook collection.

That being said, no way this one will top Kimchi's Pianist release, of which I'm a proud owner :).

Is it safe to assume this is region B locked? (most Studiocanal releases seem to be)

Both versions released previously in the UK were region 'B' locked so safe to assume this steelbook will include one of those versions, which one we don't know yet.

I really wanted to like this, but ugh, the front is just so boring, it's possible the back could make up for it... but as there are no pics of that there's no way to tell.

I think I might have to try and pick up a copy of the Kimchidvd Lenticular cover version if I can find it reasonably priced.

I would have liked to get this but StudioCanal is just... terrible. Not good PQ, region B locked and probably only English SDH subtitles.

I'll wait for something else.

I would have liked to get this but StudioCanal is just... terrible. Not good PQ, region B locked and probably only English SDH subtitles.

Picture Quality of my digibook edition is excellent.

It has soundtrack in English, Italian and French - all DTS HD Master 5.1

Also has Subs in: French,, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish.

Has a few extras too.

Needless to say my steelbook edition is :ordered:

There are 2 versions in the UK...a BD25 disc in a standard amaray bluray case and the superior StudioCanal Collection Edition BD50 disc in the digibook.
The digibook version looks good.

Reactions: DJ IXS
I hope it will be the StudioCanal Disc as its a StudioCanal release
That disc has very good picture quality and extras

But they have with the Rambo steelbooks used the inferior older discs when they had better remastered discs with lot of better extras and decided not to put them in the steelbooks

I'm not surprised its Sold Out its a good film

Didn't bother with this, may regret that decision but decided to order both kimchi versions instead for the extra few quid and better packaging a far better choice imo