The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Does Bug's Life and Wall-E have a 3D release? If it does, Zavvi could continue this Collection with this two. And later on this year they could release Incredibles and Ratatouille!

Considering the fact that they only want to release with a 3D disk. They could still release without a 3D disk like Toy Story and Monsters U, but I think they learned their lesson xD

Nope no more 3D pixars left. Pretty sure we wont see walle or a bugs life 3D for a while because they are working on 3D for ratatouile the incredibles and the upcoming 2015 pixar film. Might even be two years.

I'd be happy if they swapped out the 3D disc for the Bonus disc and then released them, despite the limited run 3D won't be a massive selling point so they won't gain much waiting possibly 2+ yrs to do the last ones. I imagine once Brave is out we'll start hearing what the next one is, my money would be A Bug's Life. It's not the most popular Pixar film either so I wouldn't be surprised if Disney didn't even bother doing a 3D conversion for it.

Reactions: paulboland
Forget 3D Conversion its of no use and should not be done with 2D Films
Most of the older films were not made in 3D so there is totally no need for 3D Conversion

Its more important
1) A title get released
2) Picture Quality and Sound improved if needed
3) Includes all previous extras
4) Steelbook has great Artwork and best if Gloss Finish
5) Price is reasonable

The remaining not released Steelbook titles yet
A Bug's Life
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
Wall-E
The above titles What you saw in the Cinema was 2D

Cars 2 only one meant to be in 3D
The others should not ever even be messed with
only if picture needs improvement
3D conversion is not improving in my opinion

I don't want to see any Film that was originally made in 2D converted into 3D its not meant to be nor should it be done

If a film is made in 3D that's fine and you will always have the choice of 2D or 3D as in the UK 2D has to be made available with a 3D release

If it was made in 2D it should remain that way

Mostly I see its with the younger generation getting fixated with 3D
If a film is made in 2D that's is what its meant to be seen

If its a new Film officially filmed in 3D that's ok but even most new films except Pixar/Disney are not getting done now as the studios have dropped 3D films been made for a lot of new films planned

If you like 3D that's fine but if its a Film made in 2D that is what you meant to be watching

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

2D Films
Toy Story 1995 (3D Conversion)
Bugs Life, A 1998
Toy Story 2 1999 (3D Conversion)
Monsters, Inc 2001 (3D Conversion)
Finding Nemo 2003 (3D Conversion)
The Incredibles 2004
Cars 2006 (3D Conversion)
Ratatouille 2007
Wall E 2008

Officially Made in 3D Films
3D films
Up 2009
Toy Story 3
Cars 2 2011
Brave 2012
Monsters University 2013

Planned New 3D Films
The Good Dinosaur 2015
Finding Dory 2015
Inside Out 2015

2015 you will have 3 New 3D films coming to the Cinemas

Some of the 2D Pixar Films were converted to 3D not made in 3D
Made in 3D and converted into 3D is not the same

Last edited:
Reactions: crazytaxinext
Note
Yes I fully understand there is a difference with
Re-rendering of computer animated films
But is it really needed

Computer animated 2D films made with 3D models can be re-rendered in stereoscopic 3D by adding a second virtual camera if the original data is still available. This is technically not a conversion; therefore, such re-rendered films have the same quality as films originally produced in stereoscopic 3D. Examples of this technique include the re-release of Toy Story and Toy Story 2. Revisiting the original computer data for the two films took four months, as well as an additional six months to add the 3-D

However, not all CGI films are re-rendered for the 3D re-release because of the costs, time required, lack of skilled resources or missing computer data

I'll copy and paste like you did paul.
Pixars 3D converstions are great and better then the norm. And you might not want pixar movies in 3D but a lot of people do

Ok you may want it but you be waiting for at least 1 year per film to be done and end up paying more

It takes about 6 Months to a Year per Film to Convert to 3D
Is there really any need to do this

You could have a Steelbook releases of titles below this Year instead of waiting 2-3 years
Wall E
The Incredibles
Bugs Life
Ratatouille

There you go : The Incredibles 2 is officially in the works with Brad Bird on it! :oohyeah:

And also: Cars 3 is official too.

But they're not coming until late 2016 at best so let's not get too excited just yet :D.

Also, if Zavvi wants to find Pixar stuff to put into steelbooks after Brave in April and (possibly) Cars 2 soon after while waiting for Ratatouille and The Incredibles to be converted in 3D : they can make a 2-disc steelbook of all the Pixar shorts, that'd be sweet :).

Between all the original shorts (15 shorts - 70 minutes : The Adventures of André and Wally B, Luxo Jr, Red's Dream, Tin Toy, Knick Knack, Geri's Game, For the Birds, Boundin', One Man Band, Lifted, Presto, Partly Cloudy, Day & Night, La Luna, The Blue Umbrella), all the ones related to Pixar films (9 shorts - 58 minutes : Mike's New Car, Jack-Jack Attack, Mater and the Ghostlight, Your Friend the Rat, BURN-E, Dug's Special Mission, The Legend of Mor'du, George & AJ, Party Central), the Toy Story toons (3 shorts - 19 minutes : Hawaiian Vacation, Small Fry, Partysaurus Rex) and the ABC special (21 minutes : Toy Story of Terror), that's 28 shorts / 168 minutes of Pixar stuff ready to be put in a glossy steelbook, and that's something I'd churn out £15 for :).

Last edited:
Zavvi Pixar next steelbooks most likely in 2014/2015

Cars 2 3D
Wall E 2D
Ratatouille 2D
The Incredibles 2D
Bugs Life 2D

Outside Chance of
Pixar Shorts Vol 1
Pixar Shorts Vol 2

You be waiting 2-3 Years for 3D Steelbook releases of Ratatouille and The Incredibles
So I cant see them delaying Ratatouille and The Incredibles 2D Steelbooks for 3D steelbook releases to long of a wait for them
They most likely will release those films as 3D Steelbooks after there Cinema Runs

2015/2016 you most likely will see Steelbooks of
The Good Dinosaur
Finding Dory

The Incredibles 2 will most likely see before its Cinema release The Incredibles 3D cinema Release late 2015 or early 2016

Last edited:
There you go : The Incredibles 2 is officially in the works with Brad Bird on it! :oohyeah:

And also: Cars 3 is official too.

But they're not coming until late 2016 at best so let's not get too excited just yet :D.

Also, if Zavvi wants to find Pixar stuff to put into steelbooks after Brave in April and (possibly) Cars 2 soon after while waiting for Ratatouille and The Incredibles to be converted in 3D : they can make a 2-disc steelbook of all the Pixar shorts, that'd be sweet :).

Between all the original shorts (15 shorts - 70 minutes : The Adventures of André and Wally B, Luxo Jr, Red's Dream, Tin Toy, Knick Knack, Geri's Game, For the Birds, Boundin', One Man Band, Lifted, Presto, Partly Cloudy, Day & Night, La Luna, The Blue Umbrella), all the ones related to Pixar films (9 shorts - 58 minutes : Mike's New Car, Jack-Jack Attack, Mater and the Ghostlight, Your Friend the Rat, BURN-E, Dug's Special Mission, The Legend of Mor'du, George & AJ, Party Central), the Toy Story toons (3 shorts - 19 minutes : Hawaiian Vacation, Small Fry, Partysaurus Rex) and the ABC special (21 minutes : Toy Story of Terror), that's 28 shorts / 168 minutes of Pixar stuff ready to be put in a glossy steelbook, and that's something I'd churn out £15 for :).

:LOL: The most demanded sequel is finally happening, I can't wait for Cars 3.

Reactions: gregavfc
Ratatouille is getting a 3D release later this year, so it looks like that will be the next title in this collection.