The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
I only bought the first one, Nemo, even though I had the US version. I don't even recall why I bought it. 3D perhaps? The BB/FS releases suit me much better than these designs.

The Disney collection, on the other hand; I've ordered 10/15, even though I have 4 on blu already.

Would rather pay the extra for Blufans/Kimchi, at least you know that you are getting quality, I have no idea in what state my next Zavvi release will arrive, it seems to be pot luck, will it be damaged or will it not :angry: It's great news that Zavvi are releasing Pixar, but you need to sort out all the problems first before, I dare order anything else!!

wow every single Blufans/Kimchi steelbook delivery has been free of slashes, dings, chips, etc?
Not sure what impresses me more - that, or you knowing the state of every single steelbook. :D :p

I wonder why they are releasing these slower than the disney collection.
If they were going at the same speed they would be pretty much done by now.

Can't wait for Wall-E and A Bug's Life.

Yeh, those would be my two picks as well. Incredibles seems very popular, but I can't say I was a huge fan myself.

I reckon they're waiting on 3D rereleases. Cars recently got a 3D version, and The Incredibles is getting one in Taiwan at least, so it might be that.

As much as I like Wall-E, I want the next release to be The Incredibles. Or even better The Incredibles and Wall-E.

I can also live with that :thumbs:

But have that AWESOME VMB of The Incredibles and that is HARD to beat!!!
And only own the not so great german Wall-E :emb:

I wish I could actually afford the VMB of The Incredibles, but I can't. I know that Zavvi's release may not be half as good as that one, but it'll have to do. I have held out on buying the normal blu-ray one as I know it'll come out as a steelbook. I am hoping they use one of Geek's mock ups for The Incredibles and Wall-E (which I am doubtful on tbh).

Reactions: MK50
Its a shame that the next ones probably wont include 3d
I know wall-e or rataouille won't and the incredibles 3d was found out to be false...im sure we will get a new cars 2 steelbook with 3D. But a bugs life doesnt have 3d either right? Im hoping this time the one's that dont include 3d are cheaper then toy story

There are only five Pixars left (A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Cars 2), while there are about 30 Disneys in need of a steelbook edition : I think Zavvi can slow down on the Pixars and roll out the Disneys instead :D, there's no rush.

With no Pixar released this year (a first since 2005), I'd assume that both The Incredibles and Ratatouille will get their 3D theater début this summer / fall, followed by a Blu-ray release in November/December, and thus steelbooks :).

Zavvi should start thinking about another series to put into steelbooks. May I suggest James Bond :D (limited to 2007 units), or the Ghibli animated films (besides the four released last November), or even TV series (if, say, 24 gets a Blu-ray release (it should), I'd be all over it), or why not a Wes Anderson collection. :drool: