The Prestige (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: October 7th, 2013
Purchase link: The Prestige (sold out)
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with gloss finish and embossed title treatment. This product is limited to 4000 units.

10824068-1375721147-229017.jpg

10824068-1371228843-93216.jpg

10824068-1371228843-93246.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to ricster)

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself wasn't complaining about the art. I just don't understand why this steel has to have the actor names, etc. on it, when it's covered by the j-card anyway. I thought this is an advertising thing primarily. Quite strange imho.
I was complaining about it, but I guess I didn't explain myself well enough. Since Prestige came after BB, the poster art mentioned BB. I figured Zavvi just rehashed this poster art without paying attention to whatever is on it (just like the French text on the J-card). That's what I meant with lazy artwork. Since this Steelbook comes out years and years after BB and other Nolan movies were more popular (Inception, Dark Knight) it seems redundant to mention BB on a re-release of Prestige.

this is nothing new from WB, inception, dark knight and dark knight rises (both uk versions) all have the same info on the steelbook.
I don't see 'from the director of BB' on this UK Steel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWcfZX5C3eQ

Reactions: lgans316
I was complaining about it, but I guess I didn't explain myself well enough. Since Prestige came after BB, the poster art mentioned BB. I figured Zavvi just rehashed this poster art without paying attention to whatever is on it (just like the French text on the J-card). That's what I meant with lazy artwork. Since this Steelbook comes out years and years after BB and other Nolan movies were more popular (Inception, Dark Knight) it seems redundant to mention BB on a re-release of Prestige.

I'm pretty sure that it is not just about advertising but is actually a contractual obligation. It's not a case of being lazy, I'm sure they would have removed it if it was possible.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
To me Steelbook is about going the extra mile. That factors a suitable artwork, proper finishing and keeping text at minimum. We don't want recycled artwork or amaray artwork on Steelbooks. Otherwise they lose the niche status. The cover is not new. There was no need to put the text on the banner.

I can see new Steelbooks using Amaray / slip artwork.

Examples

1. World War Z ES
2. Monster's University
3. Iron Man 3 (back art)

Zavvi sent my order 3.10. received it after long wait today, and of course it was damaged.

I hope I get a replacement, just wondering if I have to send this one back to them.

I really miss Play.com steelbook packages, Zavvi sure is careless with these.

Getting replacement from Zavvi

I hope I get a replacement, just wondering if I have to send this one back to them.

I had the same issue some weeks ago. After I reported the damage, I got the following mail:
Hello XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for getting in touch about your order.

I am sorry to hear that this item was received damaged. We take every measure to ensure that items are delivered securely to our customers.

Please can you send photos of the damage to [email protected] so we can investigate this for you?

Once we have received the photographs, we can assess the damage and arrange a suitable solution for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
XXXXXXXX

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team
In result I sent photos of the damaged item:
After getting my mail they answered:
Hi XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for sending the pictures through to us of your Black Swan Steelbook, I'm really sorry to see the condition that this has arrived with you in.

We make every effort to ensure that Steelbooks are carefully packed so that they arrive in great condition, and so I'm sorry that we have let you down on this occasion. I will pass these images through to our team in the warehouse so they can investigate this further, and see where improvements can be made to the packaging we provide.

In the meantime I have requested for a replacement Steelbook to be despatched, and you will receive an email as soon as this has left our warehouse. Delivery to Latvia usually takes 5 - 10 working days, and so I hope it arrives with you soon.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
XXXXXXXXX

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

So, no need of returning the damaged item to Zavvi, think everything will be fine for you too.

Shame they ruined this lovely glossy steel with names at the top and the black line under the title.

Zavvi didn't ruin this release at all... I too would prefer it to not say 'From the Director of Batman Begins' but if it was contractually connected to releases of this movie, oh well. It still looks amazing. And I think it's way better than the stock photos, which made it look a bit too silly and underwhelming to me. I still haven't actually ordered this but I plan to buy it soon(ish).