'The Raid' - In theaters April 2012

I watched it last night, man there's just so many good action scenes. The choreography of the fight scenes are superb. Is an adrenalin filled movie. Mad dog was scary, boy can that guy give a beating. There were plenty of jaw dropping moments.

I love Asian cinema because of the unapologetic display of violence mixed with incredible choreography. Directors have some serious vision and display raw moments with great skill. This has easily become one of my favorite Asian films, I don't think I was this excited to see a foreign film and boy was I satisfied afterwards.

He can give one and take one as well. That whole room scene was just nuts. I got tired just watching them go at it.

Overall I was definitely impressed. I watched the other film Meranthu and this one blows it away by a mile. Time to take up some Silat classes:scat:

Last edited by a moderator:
He can give one and take one as well. That whole room scene was just nuts. I got tired just watching them go at it.

Overall I was definitely impressed. I watched the other film Meranthu and this one blows it away by a mile. Time to take up some Silat classes:scat:

I think my favorite parts were when the guy grabs one of them thugs and jumps back putting his neck on the sharp edges of the door.

Also, slamming that one dude's head 5 or 6 times on the wall to knock him out and yes that room scene was nuts.

What's that martial arts style called? Silat?

I think my favorite parts were when the guy grabs one of them thugs and jumps back putting his neck on the sharp edges of the door.

Also, slamming that one dude's head 5 or 6 times on the wall to knock him out and yes that room scene was nuts.

What's that martial arts style called? Silat?

:scat:
Totally agree with you on that specific scene Horhay. That was definitely awesome.
I think they are currently planning for the prequel to this film as this story was only part of what the director wanted to do. I guess he was afraid of possible budget issues. I can't wait! Another 2 hours of non stop a** kicking

Oh and yes the Indonesian martial arts is called Silat.

Last edited:
:scat:
Totally agree with you on that specific scene Horhay. That was definitely awesome.
I think they are currently planning for the prequel to this film as this story was only part of what the director wanted to do. I guess he was afraid of possible budget issues. I can't wait! Another 2 hours of non stop a** kicking

Oh and yes the Indonesian martial arts is called Silat.

That's good news. Need to find a place where they teach this stuff I am fascinated. :hilarious: