The Shawshank Redemption (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook #174) (FilmArena Collection) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: May 3, 2023 December 1, 2023
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: CZK 1799
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc
Note: WWA steelbook, FullSlip XL, 3D Lenticular magnet

The Shawshank Redemption.jpeg

499329-bc3b6d1819acfce84b408e51f7b1365f.jpg
Dear collectors,
let us politely inform you that we have selected the following movies for the FAC, together with our distribution partner MagicBox .
We plan WEA FAC steelbooks for these titles: The Shawshank Redemption Papillon, DIRTY DANCING, THE THING and BACKDRAFT.
The first title SHAWSHANK is timelined for 2Q 2016 in this year , the rest belong to the plan for the year 2017.
Thank you for your support and look forward to working with you .

Team FA

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much. It's shite tbh. Glad this is my only fac order left.
I think I read future releases are going up in price due to increased costs. Either way overpriced. I'm just waiting for these to be released so I can sell (probably at a loss) and be finished with FAC.

I think I read future releases are going up in price due to increased costs. Either way overpriced. I'm just waiting for these to be released so I can sell (probably at a loss) and be finished with FAC.
Future releases aren't going up, if you choose a disc free option. They were banging on about the discs and studio control apparently being a burden and cost driver for them.

Well, costs are on the website, and they confirmed in their April update that FAC#171 (GvK) onwards were now going to be made discless. So the source is FAC themselves.
Thanks, I had no idea about that. The price on the FAC website doesn't matter, but if they announced that ALL releases where discless from now on, why do they still list all the disc details on their site? I honestly don't really care about the discs, but did care enough about the whole package back in the day when I pre-ordered both Shawshank and Clockwork Orange on here as well as on FAC....

Reactions: leelee17
Thanks, I had no idea about that. The price on the FAC website doesn't matter, but if they announced that ALL releases where discless from now on, why do they still list all the disc details on their site? I honestly don't really care about the discs, but did care enough about the whole package back in the day when I pre-ordered both Shawshank and Clockwork Orange on here as well as on FAC....
No, it doesn't. They've always inflated at once OOS. It was someone else who mentioned it, so I was just saying where they pulled it from. They haven't updated the for site preorders, which tbh does that really surprise you? They never updated the predator to discless listings either.

I don't usually care about the discs, not for myself anyway, as I normally already have them. Like predator, I didn't care. I was just happy to get the WEA and move on.

I do care for things like shawshank though, where the steel is a garbage wwa and I'd sell it and put a better version in. It's a lot harder to sell for decent money with no discs!

The principal of it too, paying £80/90 for a whole package, and loosing £15 worth of discs. It's a total scam not to reduce prices accordingly, like manta and blufans have.

Price is already very expensive .... sometimes with discless and huge delays for release time !

Really too much for this retailer .... which is unprofessional since a few years.

The filmarena's still in operation.
I thought it was gone. It's like a sinking ship.
Filmarena is now trading at a low price in Korea due to the difficult accessibility of consumers due to the old-fashioned purchasing method, expensive shipping charges, unobserved launch dates, and leaps of overseas companies.
As an example, Alien Covenant Maniac Box(Brand New mint) is priced at $220.
FAC Inception(Brand New Mint) is $85.
Especially when the release date breaks the promise, their trust is all broken.
But, there are still many people buying filmarena overseas.

The principal of it too, paying £80/90 for a whole package, and loosing £15 worth of discs. It's a total scam not to reduce prices accordingly, like manta and blufan have
Please correct me if i'm wrong but the prices for the new BF line called premium with Doctor strange, Shang-chi and GotG vol.3 are the same as a release with discs, is it not ?

Please correct me if i'm wrong but the prices for the new BF line called premium with Doctor strange, Shang-chi and GotG vol.3 are the same as a release with discs, is it not ?
No. They're quite a bit cheaper. DLs are $20 less than a BE DL. So that's £55, Manta's were about £45-50, source dependent. I think my Shawshank was £80+ with combo shipping. Pisstake.

Yeah it´s probably right, I read it one more time, all that jibberish, and FAC´s from 171+ will be released without the discs with exceptions (they bought the discs sooner). Also, If some of those FAC´s will be released with discs afterall, they will offer it to a free sale on website (and they have prepared for it by raising the prices on all of those to 3599 CZK - ****ing disgusting :vomit::vomit:

Last edited: