Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: February 10th, 2014
Price: £14.99
Buy Link:
Zavvi
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Door and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

Pre-order goes live September 7 2013

Artwork:
10851837-1378457196-493258.jpg

10851837-1378457235-670947.jpg

10851837-1378457254-643414.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
nice steelbook and on top of my wishlist, but I finally cancelled the pre-order a few weeks ago as I'm sure sooner or later it will be at half price...

Watching Room 237 about this at the moment on Lovefilm. Really interesting and some interesting theories about the film, even if they are abit far fetched.
I do find it funny that some people on this thread think the shorter director approved cut is inferior to the longer cut! It doesn't mean it's better because it has more footage.

Watching Room 237 about this at the moment on Lovefilm. Really interesting and some interesting theories about the film, even if they are abit far fetched.
I do find it funny that some people on this thread think the shorter director approved cut is inferior to the longer cut! It doesn't mean it's better because it has more footage.

Yeah Kubrick was happy with both versions. I would rather watch the extended cut myself but that's because The Shining is one of my favourite films, I don't think you miss any of the experience if you have only seen the shorter cut. Both versions are just as good.

No I haven't seen it, is it a documentary?

Yes. It's about people's ideas about what Kubrick really meant with the film. I'm watching it on lovefilm at the moment but the bluray has commentaries and tons more.

There is one guy who thinks that Kubrick faked the moon landings and a The Shining is his way of telling the world he done it.
There is a guy who makes a big deal of the fact you cannot see the power cord from the tv in the foyer. Regardless that if you could see the cord the hotel would've seen it as a trip hazard.

It's just funny when peoples imagination gets the better of them and they think they are all right, when obviously they cannot be.

Forget room 237
If interested in the shinings hidden content about the moon landing then watch the ultimate doc.
Its truely amazing

Kubrick's Odyssey: Secrets Hidden in the Films of Stanley Kubrick; Part One: Kubrick and Apollo (2011)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1992167/

They actually mention Kubricks Odyssey in Room 237.
I think its interesting to watch because I now like to think what other peoples theories are about other films?! And i'm not talking about Kubricks.

Its interesting to note that both docs got the "room n" bit wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: terry44
Yes. It's about people's ideas about what Kubrick really meant with the film. I'm watching it on lovefilm at the moment but the bluray has commentaries and tons more.

There is one guy who thinks that Kubrick faked the moon landings and a The Shining is his way of telling the world he done it.
There is a guy who makes a big deal of the fact you cannot see the power cord from the tv in the foyer. Regardless that if you could see the cord the hotel would've seen it as a trip hazard.

It's just funny when peoples imagination gets the better of them and they think they are all right, when obviously they cannot be.

Sounds like it might be interesting. I don't buy into these conspiracy theories about Kubrick, I think people just try and turn these things into messages that aren't really there. Still sounds like it might be worth a watch though!:)

And there's one guy who thinks a stapler on a desk represents an erect penis. It's a good laugh Room 237, I liked it. :D

Yeah I've heard similair things said about the shape of the ships in 2001, I don't believe that theory myself!

Last edited:
Think I'll wait for a £7.99 on this one. (Got the other two) I also hope they release 2001

Reactions: dfoles
Zavvi will more than likely put the price back up to £14.99 for a while, wait it out and then further reduce to £8.99 or less. A bit overwhelmed since the flash sale last week.

Reactions: Thelite13
Yeah it's crazy that there's no sign of 2001 at all...what gives.

Also a Spartacus steel would be nice to round off the Kubrick wave (and I suppose Eyes Wide Shut purely for a sense of completion).

'Spartacus' is a Universal title, so don't hold your breath.

How would an 'Eyes Wide Shut' steelbook provide any sort of completion? Unless you know of steelbooks for 'Fear and Desire', 'Killer's Kiss', 'The Killing', 'Paths of Glory', 'Lolita', 'Dr. Strangelove', or 'Barry Lyndon'?