Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: February 10th, 2014
Price: £14.99
Buy Link:
Zavvi
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Door and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

Pre-order goes live September 7 2013

Artwork:
10851837-1378457196-493258.jpg

10851837-1378457235-670947.jpg

10851837-1378457254-643414.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest the Overlook hotel staff picture as the inside artwork but Jack would be cut up in the middle...

Reactions: ABjerg
Awesome classic movie:scat:

but make the release date December or even better January 2014. We have tsunami steelbook releases coming this 3 months

P.S don't let us down with the artwork. Suprise us

Last edited:
The UK blu ray of this only features the theatrical cut, as do all the US blu rays (in which the picture is all cropped too, by the way).

The extended cut, as far as I'm aware, was Kubrick's first cut, but then it was cut down further for the theatrical release.

I saw the extended cut at the BFI in December as they ran it for a while. None of the extra scenes add very much to the film at all, but it would still be great to have the extended cut on blu ray.

In fact, I agree with many people here, since I have the Kubrick box set, this would need to be really great artwork and the extended cut to make me buy it. But would Warner really go to the effort of making a whole new disc for a limited run of 4000 steelbooks if there are no immediate plans for a wider release in the near future?

The UK blu ray of this only features the theatrical cut, as do all the US blu rays (in which the picture is all cropped too, by the way).

The extended cut, as far as I'm aware, was Kubrick's first cut, but then it was cut down further for the theatrical release.

I saw the extended cut at the BFI in December as they ran it for a while. None of the extra scenes add very much to the film at all, but it would still be great to have the extended cut on blu ray.

In fact, I agree with many people here, since I have the Kubrick box set, this would need to be really great artwork and the extended cut to make me buy it. But would Warner really go to the effort of making a whole new disc for a limited run of 4000 steelbooks if there are no immediate plans for a wider release in the near future?

UK Blu Ray is 119min approved version by Kubrick
International Theatrical Cut 119:38

USA Blu Ray Longer US version U.S. Theatrical Cut (143:36).

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
There is so much iconic imagery that can be used for this that I think it will be difficult to please everybody.
Pity the UK doesn't look like it will be getting the extended cut any time soon.

Will be getting this.

If they continue this, then it looks like the Anniversary slipcover releases will be ALL getting steelbooks from Warner.

What will be next from

Singing in the Rain, Clash of the Titans, Lost Boys, Goodfellas, Exorcist, Color Purple, Clockwork Orange, Bodyguard, Seven, Gone with the wind, ben hur, inception, la confed, wizard of oz, empre of the sun, unforgiven, interview with a vampire, enter the dragon, bladerunner, blazing saddles, one flew over, true romance, bettlejuice, poltergiest, north by northwest, buillitt, neverending story, heat, doctor zivago, casablanca.

We've already had Town and had announcements for Point Break, Gremlins, Goonies, The Shining.

Last edited: