paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 26, 2024
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Arrow Films) - £29.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Slip is a Rigid Slipbox

441877643_871874134973990_3405864584026736058_n.jpg

Last edited:
4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray™ presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Newly restored original lossless 2.0 stereo soundtrack
  • Optional lossless 5.1 soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by critics Elizabeth Purchell & Caden Mark Gardner
  • Audio commentary by critic Tim Lucas
  • Through Her Eyes - brand new visual essay on the theme of transformation by critic Justine Peres Smith
  • Healing Humanity - brand new visual essay exploring point of view and personalization by critic Willow Catelyn Maclay
  • Breaking the Silence - archival picture-in-picture interviews and trivia track
  • 2002 episode of the Bravo television series Page to Screen focusing on The Silence of the Lambs
  • Scoring the Silence - 2004 archival interview with composer Howard Shore
  • Jonathan Demme & Jodie Foster - three-part archival 2005 documentary by Laurent Bouzereau
  • Understanding the Madness - 2008 archival featurette featuring various FBI alumni discussing the profiling of serial killers
  • 1991 "Making Of" Featurette
  • 22 deleted scenes
  • 7 additional deleted scenes, sourced from a VHS workprint
  • Outtakes
  • Anthony Hopkins phone message
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Teaser trailer
  • 11 TV spots
  • Image gallery
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring two original choices of artwork
  • Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Alexandra West, Josh Nelson, Sam Moore and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • Double-sided fold-out poster, featuring two original choices of artwork
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards

Reactions: TheWildEye
Love OG poster art. Prefer that to some awful new art from Arrow art department. (See the awful new art on THE WARRIORS)
The two headed one blows.
OG poster art is great. But I hate these editions so it’s a let down. Both editions. I wanted a steel. And they also teased a illustration of Hannibal’s eye and the well inside and it looked awesome so no clue what you’re on about

It has a booklet so I'd expect the proper hard case box. Really hoping arrow do a great job on the transfer, I heard the pervious 4k was a bit underwhelming.
Sadly the recent arrow release like this (I have Weird Science, Time Bandits, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) with a booklet have all been o-ring slipcases with the booklet inside the case. This one is a bit more expensive though, so maybe it'll be different

I just checked an unboxing for the recent Carlito's Way release, as I remembered it was priced higher than the other Arrow releases the same as this one is

It has a slipbox, so perhaps the price is a good indicator

The mock-up images show the amaray case sliding out the side of the "slipcase" which indicates to me that it is indeed a slipcase and not a "slipcover".

If you look at the new "Heathers" thread you will see that the amaray case is sliding out of the top of the "slipcover".

It has a booklet so I'd expect the proper hard case box. Really hoping arrow do a great job on the transfer, I heard the pervious 4k was a bit underwhelming.
Booklet doesn't mean a hard case, many of their amaray and steelbook releases have booklets inside cases, but this also has cards and a folded poster, like Carlito's Way, so definitely a Hardbox Fullslip.