paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 26, 2024
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Arrow Films) - £29.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Slip is a Rigid Slipbox

441877643_871874134973990_3405864584026736058_n.jpg

Last edited:
OG poster art is great. But I hate these editions so it’s a let down. Both editions. I wanted a steel. And they also teased a illustration of Hannibal’s eye and the well inside and it looked awesome so no clue what you’re on about
A steelbook would have been nice.
Better still, would be that it is a good encoding. The Kino 4K f**ed up reel one.
But I am absolutely delighted with the orginal iconic poster art on the first one.

Better still, would be that it is a good encoding. The Kino 4K f**ed up reel one.
But I am absolutely delighted with the orginal iconic poster art on the first one.
@C.C. 95

See post #16
The color timing issue that affected the Kino Lorber release has been fixed in Arrow Video release

Also the encoding for arrow release is been done by Fidelity in Motion

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95
I know you deleted it but just to clarify I don’t like these kinds of editions from Arrow. I literally own 3 or 4 which is pretty much the thing and the Donnie Darko collectors editions and The Ending. I’m not complaining about the actual art (although the red and blue art is hideous) I’m saying it’s a let down that it’s not a better edition. I.E. a steel or a steel in a collectors set like true romance. That’s all. I just worded it poorly originally

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Normally go for the Arrow exclusive slips but this is the more iconic and preferred artwork for me. So happy to see Arrow announce this for UK at last!

Booklet doesn't mean a hard case, many of their amaray and steelbook releases have booklets inside cases, but this also has cards and a folded poster, like Carlito's Way, so definitely a Hardbox Fullslip.
You're right but if you look at the booklet in the pic it has a spine indicating it's a proper booklet, that's what I was trying to point out.

I messaged Arrow about the slip,

I wrote "Regarding the slip for the Silence of the lambs 4k, is it going to be a side loading rigid case like your recent Carrie & Invasion of the body snatchers releases or an O Ring top loading slip like weird science? Many thanks"

Their reply

"Thank you for getting in touch about the cases.

I am sorry that you did not get the cases.

It does not show the case the item is sent with, you will have to check once the order is delivered.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can do; a team member will be happy to help."

Incredibly unhelpful, i don't know how anyone can create something to sell on their label and not have any idea what it will be until it lands on their customers doorsteps. Or maybe nothing has been finalised yet, even though they've put pictures up..who knows.

At this point, I've just ordered the non Arrow exclusive slip.
Wish it was a release to match Hannibal though, with an embossed and glossed steelbook.

I wrote "Regarding the slip for the Silence of the lambs 4k, is it going to be a side loading rigid case like your recent Carrie & Invasion of the body snatchers releases or an O Ring top loading slip like weird science? Many thanks"

Their reply

It does not show the case the item is sent with, you will have to check once the order is delivered.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can do; a team member will be happy to help."

Incredibly unhelpful, i don't know how anyone can create something to sell on their label and not have any idea what it will be until it lands on their customers doorsteps. Or maybe nothing has been finalised yet, even though they've put pictures up..who knows.

Wish it was a release to match Hannibal though, with an embossed and glossed steelbook.
Typical The Hut/Zavvi response. They give more questions than answers lol.

Reactions: chunk

Their reply

@chunk
See post #16
I provided details it will be a rigid slip that applies to all the arrow limited edition releases of Silence of the Lambs as in both 4K and Blu-ray trade wide editions and 4K Arrow Store Exclusive

It the same style slipcase aka slipbox that was used with arrow 4K release of Invasion of The Body Snatchers Limited Editions

A slipbox that also includes a O-Card Slip
Look at unboxing video of that release in thread link below

Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Trade wide limited Edition

Arrow Store Exclusive Limited Edition

The Info provided direct by Michael Mackenzie Senior Producer from Arrow Films UK.

• Informative
Typical The Hut/Zavvi response. They give more questions than answers lol.
That made me laugh, it's so true.

I've just seen your concept art on the previous page. . Really nice, would have loved that!

@chunk
See post #16
I provided details it will be a rigid slip that applies to all the arrow limited edition releases of Silence of the Lambs as in both 4K and Blu-ray trade wide edition and 4K Arrow Store Exclusive

It the same style slipcase aka slipbox that was used with arrow 4K release of Invasion of Body Snatchers Limited Editions

A slipbox that also includes a O-Card Slip
Look at unboxing video of that release in thread link below

Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Trade wide limited Edition

Arrow Store Exclusive Limited Edition

The Info provided direct by Michael Mackenzie Senior Producer from Arrow Films UK.

Many thanks for the info Paul, much appreciated.

I thought it would be.. as the picture looks like it's side loading and booklet looks like the one you got in the Carrie edition plus price.. but as it didn't say i really wanted confirmation, I'll come to you directly next time, waste of time asking zavvi/arrow anything. Thank you:)

I was having trouble making my mind up about which slip to choose, considered buying both and making my mind up on delivery.. still might do that :)

That made me laugh, it's so true.

I've just seen your concept art on the previous page. . Really nice, would have loved that!

Many thanks for the info Paul, much appreciated.

I thought it would be.. as the picture looks like it's side loading and booklet looks like the one you got in the Carrie edition plus price.. but as it didn't say i really wanted confirmation, I'll come to you directly next time, waste of time asking zavvi/arrow anything. Thank you:)

I was having trouble making my mind up about which slip to choose, considered buying both and making my mind up on delivery.. still might do that :)
Your welcome

Note on separate matter
Zavvi has nothing to do with Arrow Films UK or Arrow Video USA/Canada apart from getting some of their releases as an exclusive.
Arrow Films UK and Arrow Video USA/Canada has always been seperate run companies to Zavvi.
The only connection is the store websites is that they are both operated by Thg ingenuity webstore platform which means both has same customer service.
Thg ingenuity also look after other retailers websites shops for example Gillette UK/Homebase UK and lots of other retailers you might not be aware about and that also means same customer service is used as Zavvi websites etc.

Also Arrow Films the distributor and Arrow store websites are totally separate business operations from each other.
Employess who work directly for Arrow Films the distributor has nothing to with the Thg ingenuity website stores side of the business.

They do of course share links to arrow website stores or the retailers social media links.

Arrow Films is owned by THG PLC and not by Zavvi
Also Zavvi is no longer owned by THG since July 2023 and is now known as Zavvigroup Ltd but still has their website shops run by Thg ingenuity platform.

When THG sold Zavvi it did not include Arrow Films
Arrow remained with THG as it was separately owned by THG PLC and was not owned by Zavvi.

Arrow Films or Zavvi or any other retailer that has their websites stores operated by THG ingenuity are only useful for when contacting about an order done on those websites but not for the best for release info.
The THG run websites customer service they will often just look at website listing and as they don't work directly for Arrow as in they are not involved in putting the releases together the websites customer service will have limited info about a release.

Arrow releases when looking for info always best to contact staff who work directly for Arrow Films the distributor and not the websites stores customer service.
If you have an order issue that's when you have to contact customer service from your account or use website store customer service on social media.

Some staff that work for arrow directly are on twitter are best to contact about a release info as it's them who are involved in putting a release together note they do not have any involvement with the website stores so can't provide help on orders done.
Their twitter accounts are their own private accounts and not the arrow films twitter account itself so it's upto themselves if they reply when asked about a release.

• Informative
How is this sold out already at HMV! I just added it to cart earlier, was gonna place an order with something else... :facepalm:

How is this sold out already at HMV! I just added it to cart earlier, was gonna place an order with something else... :facepalm:
Likely HMV are sold out of their allocation and this is a release that was always going to sell well.
The HMV 20% referral code I expect was used a lot so woud get lot of orders due to this.

As usual might be back available at some stage with HMV due to increased allocation or due to cancelled orders.