Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome mid-season opener! Love the nod to the upcoming video game from Daryl.... "Before this, it's always been Merle and Me".

Reactions: ocielz
I was expecting much more...... But it'll do until next weeks episode :D ended with a good cliffhanger :D

Same here.But as long as i get to see Maggy I'm good.The new girl isn't that bad either:cool:

This was actually kinda what i expected from the previews all over the place.Now i wanna see where things go from here on out.More importantly who gets ate next.Robert Kirkman is going to be on The Talking Dead next week, that usually means something big is gonna happen on that episode.

Spoilers!!!! :D

speaking of spoilers did any one see the last episode of Big Bang

spoiler don't watch it if your not caught up to TWD

As to this episode, I actually enjoyed it. I didn't see the entire tlaking dead episode as I watched my DVR of Shameless but I know

the public voted to let merele into the group and I have to agree

other than that I still have to catch up to the rest of TTD. The thing that surprised me most about this episode is the

the real difference in the town of woodbury from the comics. you get the feeling that Ricks group is almost more of a threat than woodbury. They are terrified of them, which is partly the govenors fault for being shady with the wrong group of people, but you can see most of these people are really normal men and women trying to rebuild and without this 'corruption' may have even formed a more stable community with Ricks group

just my $0.02

Love this show as well as Spartacus. Very rare these days that a tv show delivers something new and shocking =)

the last couple of minutes were OMG, but lots of bullets spent this episode and not too many deaths. Theres some very poor shots. Donna be interesting to see merle now

Loved the walker that got the trunk door slammed on him.