Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm enjoying the season, but I have to say I think it's almost getting to the point where the show runners are essentially trolling AMC and seeing how far they can push the line as far as violence and gore. It seems each episode is more graphic than the one before it.

I don't have a problem with violence or anything, but it is a bit jarring how far they are pushing things this year.

Almost like how Nip/Tuck was with FX where as it went on it was like "I wonder what we can get away with now? We've thrown everything AND the Kitchen Sink at them and they haven't blinked, what more can we do?".

Well it airs after nine o clock so they can do a lot.They even get to say ****.Also let's not forget that most of the gore is done to the dead.

Does anyone know how I can watch The Talking Dead here in the UK? It used to work on Youtube on the AMC page but now its Geo-Locked :(

I find it funny how the Governor of the comic book has essentially been spread out in the TV show to become the Governor AND Merle. If you put those two TV characters together, you get the Governor of the comic book.

This week's episode was surprisingly violent and nerve-racking. I enjoyed it and it sucks that next week's episode is the mid-season finale. I'm fully expecting another death before the end of that finale, though.

Reactions: spawnshop
I find it funny how the Governor of the comic book has essentially been spread out in the TV show to become the Governor AND Merle. If you put those two TV characters together, you get the Governor of the comic book.

This week's episode was surprisingly violent and nerve-racking. I enjoyed it and it sucks that next week's episode is the mid-season finale. I'm fully expecting another death before the end of that finale, though.

I totally agree.

I looks to me like a lot of the townsfolk will be taken out in the next episode :naughty:

Yes the question I have is if Andrea and/or Melre/Daryl are going to have to make some tough choices during the episode.

And

Do not read unless you have seen the talking dead and or don't care

One of the guests on the talking dead made a very good point about the girl who is shooting the crossbow being the best they have compared to Rick's group who went in and took the prison which seemed to impress/scare both merle and the govenor

Even with only the 4 of them (one of them being the new guy) coming to Woodbury I would say it is almost an even fight

Do not read unless you have read the comic and or don't care [FAIR WARNING, BIG SPOILERS]

I do wonder if Rick is going to lose his hand at the end of the episode.

In the comics Michonne is the one who was ra ped and they chose to have the govenor not **** Maggie which I think is a combination of them a. showing that the comics and show are not the same (as Kirkman himself has admitted), b. showing this is a slightly different govenor with dfferent motives, like tridon says hes a different version, and c. they don't really want to alienate their viewership by going too extreme. Killing a dead zombie is one thing, but **** strikes a different chord to viewers

I can't even type out the word here without getting ***s

I loved how towards the end of the episode, the Governor was basically ******** bricks plus it had that Awesome Beat to go with the intensity :D He couldn't believe only 10 people took over the prison :cool:

Reactions: mllNY
I loved how towards the end of the episode, the Governor was basically ******** bricks plus it had that Awesome Beat to go with the intensity :D He couldn't believe only 10 people took over the prison :cool:

He was really worried when he learned they took the prison, that and he thought they might be lying

He seemed actually a little scared like with the soldiers he killed earlier this season

He should be Scared :cool: I think if Glenn gets a chance to get his hands around Meryll or the Governor, he would Destroy them with ease :D He took down a walker all while being tied up, that's just BADASS:cool:

He should be Scared :cool: I think if Glenn gets a chance to get his hands around Meryll or the Governor, he would Destroy them with ease :D He took down a walker all while being tied up, that's just BADASS:cool:

They made Glenn a TOTAL badass during that episode! I can't wait to see Darryl face-to-face with his deranged brother. Going to be good stuff!

Reactions: spawnshop
Very good episode, can't wait until February.

With the new arrivals it brings in a new group with a different angle