Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
@ocielz

I get that totaly . However for me it is small things like that I find GGGRRR.

IT WAS never going to end well Thing is that voice of reason is the glue holding it together. I feel sometimes it can be the wrong one to remove from the dynamic.

Sensative dose not always mean target .

At least thay are bucking thire ideas up with the newer cast members enjoying that A LOT.

I almost cried when Dale died :'( everyone i talked to was like " Good riddance and he was becoming Annoying"
HE was THE voice of reason and what held the group together. That last episode were he was trying to give the prisoner a fair trial and failing was just sad. Now Hershel is gone and after the whole one episode, where he was the main character. That episode of him taking care of the sick and not protecting himself and risking his life for others. That episode was just amazing and all around Great :') I'm going to miss Hershel:)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
EXACTLY @ocielz .

The person who everyone needs to be.

What did it for me with Dale was HOW. It sempt that as SOON as Frank Darabont went YOU KNEW Dale was on borrowed time.

Then it sempt rushed that Hershel took on that coat to start with it did not work. Slowly however it came to fit with ease. Felt like FANTASTIC last episode your job is done now you are done.

He did Use the other Family to get his way:( one lost a sister and a niece the other lost her daughter and her life. All because of The Governor.

That relationship for me was more belivable as where thay where before he came along it did not have way out.

I'm enjoying how on Channel 5* the episodes are back to back had to wait almost a year . If I had the mid way break you guys have I think I'd shoot the T.V.

Getting better hoping it stays that way because the comphot of the community has been ripped from under everyones feet.

Reactions: ocielz
As if we didn't see it coming! :rolleyes: The news of AMC renewing The Walking Dead for a Season 6 is a... wait for it, NO Brainer! :oohyeah: :woot: :emb: :p ...Sorry! :sorry:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=123762

Just days before the season five premiere of "The Walking Dead," AMC has announced they have renewed the series for a sixth season to air next year.

"We could not be more excited for October 12th as we share new episodes of 'The Walking Dead' with fans around the globe," said AMC President Charlie Collier. "In advance of Sunday's season five premiere, AMC proudly confirms a sixth season order of this extraordinary series. Thank you to Robert Kirkman, Scott Gimple, the terrific executive producers, and the entire team who brings this compelling world and these rich characters to life. There's plenty more Dead ahead thanks to their impressive, collective effort."

Scott M. Gimple will return as the series showrunner and executive producer for the sixth season along with executive producers Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse. AMC also recently announced that it has ordered a pilot for a potential companion series to "The Walking Dead," based on a new story and new characters from Robert Kirkman.

popcorn2.gif

Reactions: vurt
I'm one season behind - looking for a decent price on S4 :(
Looks like I will record S5 tomorrow night (on FoxTV here in the UK)

My missus said she wanted to watch it tomorrow night but I told her to resist as she will be missing out plots from a whole season!

:ohno:

Hope those of you watching it tonight have your drinks and snacks ready :D Enjoy!