Alexandria Safe-Zone
The Wire: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [USA]
Price: $199.99 $107.95
Link: :amazon: Amazon
Release Date: June 2nd, 2015
UK Blu-ray Thread Here

The Wire_BluRay Series.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the show. Not 100% convinced I'd upgrade as the show itself was shot and aired in 4:3 (and not in HD on HBO either). But looks like they've done a good job of adapting this. Price is very high, but like many HBO releases it seems like it'll be cheaper overseas. The prices I saw on the Scandinavian releases weren't bad at all.

Finally some artwork:D

Hopefully/probably the Scandi & UK versions get the same. Wondering if it's digipack or amarays inside?

Reactions: MGD
Love the show. Not 100% convinced I'd upgrade as the show itself was shot and aired in 4:3 (and not in HD on HBO either). But looks like they've done a good job of adapting this. Price is very high, but like many HBO releases it seems like it'll be cheaper overseas. The prices I saw on the Scandinavian releases weren't bad at all.
HBO aired the high-def version this past December, since it was fully remastered. Supposedly the remaster was very well done (I haven't watched it). David Simon said this though:
While this new version of The Wire is not, in some specific ways, the film we first made, it has sufficient merit to exist as an alternate version.
Take that for what you will. It was fully remastered to 16:9, but the shots were all originally set up and filmed with the intent of being watched in 4:3.

I have been waiting for this forever!!! I am ecstatic that they are finally releasing a bluray collection for this. I rewatched it recently on HBO SIGNATURE on tv. It is such a timeless low. incredible stuff

Reactions: RickB84 and spass