The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary Collector's Edition) [Japan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Street Date: 20 Nov, 2013
Price: ¥ 9,000
Order link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00EIG5NFO/?tag=hdnjp-22

91TzIgtCEwL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so new to this thing but I don't necessarily buy every country. I just want to have a copy of movies and series I like. What I don't get is the concept of region lock. Can somebody explain it to me? And btw I'm going to Japan this January to live there and study for college, thanks

I'm so new to this thing but I don't necessarily buy every country. I just want to have a copy of movies and series I like. What I don't get is the concept of region lock. Can somebody explain it to me? And btw I'm going to Japan this January to live there and study for college, thanks

Different studios sometimes region lock their titles. Sometimes it is because movies are released in some countries earlier than others so they don't want people to see them early. Other times it is just because in different countries there may be different studios which have the rights to sell the movie. They don't want to lose sales so lock the disc to the region they are sellin the item. Warner Brothers and Universal releases are 99.9% region free though so they will play anywhere in the world.:thumbs: