10884062-1386943500-615631.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 441
  • 10884062-1386943500-615544.jpg
    10884062-1386943500-615544.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 360
Last edited by a moderator:
This will be 100% purchase
Fantastic film great acting

I cancelled Pain & Gain rubbish movie IMO even though it will have the new extras
I fully understand why others are cancelling Pain & Gain on mass

There Will Be Blood could end up amazing steelbook
But of course we won't know that until we see it in the flesh

I'm buying this because I like the film not because its a Ultra Limited Print Run
Makes no difference to me if its limited to 1,000 or 20,000

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh

A film I like but dont own, and I do like that artwork, but as others have said, I'll be waiting for a price drop...Fool me once zavvi, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

What a difference a couple of days can make... ultra limited print run you say? ....hmmmm ...there you go again zavvi, dangling the carrot in front of me again lol

One of the greatest films all time, honestly. Those who say it is 'boring' are clearly not engaging with anything other than blockbuster or obvious cult cinema, which is a shame to hear. This is genuinely one of the best gothic masterpieces I have ever witnessed and plays out almost like a horror. Consistently tense, Daniel Plainview shows the corrupted heart of mankind and the incessant greed of capitalism - more specifically business, infrastructure and the exploitation of nature for wealth. It also portrays the battle for power in a rapidly-developed industrialised world - of commerce and religion and the part they play in carving modern society. An incredibly dense piece of cinema that can be held up against some of the greatest films of all time - Coppola's Apocalyse Now, Herzog's Aguirre the Wrath of God, and Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. It deserves 100% attention. It's visceral, disturbing and twisted, and by far Day-Lewis' finest performance. Anderson has the master's touch when it comes to storytelling - if he hadn't proved that before with films like Boogie Nights and Magnolia, he sure did with There Will Be Blood and The Master.

Question is, despite this being a limited run, should I get rid of my amaray? Seems the discs will be the same. And StudioCanal steelbooks often arrive damaged...will this just be another scratched-up cheap double-play?

Ultra limited is nothing but a bunch of buzz words without any actual numbers... But yeah, as someone already pointed out, it just means another region will be getting the rest anyway...

Hoping this one is glossy. No matter how small the odds are of it actually being so I'll always mention the word(s) gloss, glossy, more money for the studios and Zavvi, etc. and hopefully one day they'll come to their senses.

Hey guys, just a few general comments-

The studio can do with its art what they wish, in the end. Unfortunately, there is no way to control that as far as the future goes-we've seen it happen before with other titles, where something was a true exclusive, then the studio turned around and used it elsewhere down the road (sometimes in a slightly different iteration). It is very rare to have 'world wide art' exclusives anymore, but it does still happen.

As was the case long before Zavvi released Steelbooks, retailers rarely ever were able to release exact print run numbers because they are bound by contractual obligation. We've all been spoiled with Blufans, Kimchi (emerging markets, and easier to obtain exclusive art)....ordinarily a Steel goes up for sale at, say Amazon UK or Amazon DE, etc, whenever they feel like it (no timed noticed, no advance pictures, and no qty to be available), and the general public is never clued in.

Also paint finishes are dictated by a number of factors, and the request to use them can be overridden by other decision makers. I agree this would look great glossy, but with its limited run and exclusivity in the UK, it still seems to be release that has artwork representative of the film. And here, ultra limited is the closest we can come to sharing confidential info. If more info can be shared later on, we will. Thanks all!

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

i guess something between 1k and 3k, and if i am right, we will see the same artwork again released in another country.

[/COLOR]FYI confirmed world exclusive art, and less than 3K;)

The more I look at the artwork the more I love it, and yeah agreed with you guys if it's glossy it'd be extremely gorgeous with that blood red color... but I think even it's matte I still think it'd nice steelbook, anybody knows when this would go live?

I love it when zavvi keeps using big words like "ultra limited" "run of 3k" print run of 500 pcs.. lol

They're embarresing themselves too much these days

The more I look at the artwork the more I love it, and yeah agreed with you guys if it's glossy it'd be extremely gorgeous with that blood red color... but I think even it's matte I still think it'd nice steelbook, anybody knows when this would go live?

Goes live tomorrow (Saturday) :LOL:

You guys pick on Zavvi. Heck we here in the U. S. are just glad we can get them. Best Buy produces some but most are crappy. Although I do love the Fast set! So be glad they even produce them. :)

I love it when zavvi keeps using big words like "ultra limited" "run of 3k" print run of 500 pcs.. lol

They're embarresing themselves too much these days

Folks, it's always been the case that different aspects of a release could be made available at different times as retailers are given permission to do so.