Price: £15.99
Notes: Available this Halloween season

live.jpg
interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Film companies/Steelbook manufacturers take note:

THIS
is how you do a blu ray steelbook.

High gloss, great quality steelbook, the original eighties movie poster art. Stunning.

The transfer is again stunning, looks like it was filmed a week ago, clear crisp picture, vibrant colours, great audio.

And the menus are thought out well, great relevant fonts and graphics, the extras menu in black and white as if you have the glasses on, frickin brilliant.

When dvd first came out studios paid a lot of attention to their menus and made them animated, interesting and had the geek out factor for fans (ghostbusters and monster squad for example). Studios have gotten lazy now with flat menus and no thought into them.

They Live has gone back to well thought out menus and presentation, best steel I've bought this year (and that's saying something!).
Window-boxed credits that zoom into a botched transfer that crops the top and bottom of the frame? No thanks.

Reactions: severo
Was this ultra limited? I can't believe for a single second they've sold 4k of these already.

They did have it listed as ultra ltd, but I'm not sure how much stock that translates as.

Zavvi previously set the price of ultra ltd steelbooks such as Aviator at £17.99 & they were said to have 2k units.
Releases such as Mars Attacks that were limited to 2.5k were priced at £14.99.
So They Live priced at £15.99 might be one of those edition sizes or something in between! o_O

this is a john carpenter classic why wouldnt it sell out,
its loved amongst thousands of fans, including myself,,

So was Big Trouble in Little China, even more so, and that took months and months to sell out.

I can only accept this selling out if it was 2k print run.

I'm not surprised it's possible it is sold out
Its a ultra Limited Print Run
Usually that's 2000 to 2500

It's first time on Blu ray in the UK
It's got decent extras
It's a gloss finish

The Arrow john carpenter Steelbook releases were at least a 4000 print run possible was more and were also available as standard Blu ray case releases

Last edited:
Reactions: blu-steel
Call me cynical but I think Zavvi are having us on. Taken is also sold out, I know they're both good films but so are many limited to 2000 titles that are still in stock.

So was Big Trouble in Little China, even more so, and that took months and months to sell out.

I can only accept this selling out if it was 2k print run.
this was an ultra release and just a zavvi exclusive, the site tells you that,
big trouble in little china was on several differet sites for sale and
had no limit/cap on how many would be sold,
they simply put a stop to it when there sales started drying up,