USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014 (live Sunday
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Available this Halloween season

live.jpg
interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I only knew of Roddy Piper from They Live - never saw him in anything else, never saw the wrestling; but I have come back to that film, like so many of John Carpenter's films time and again. True classic, and truthfully, could anyone imagine another actor in his place - Never!

May God guide and angels sing thee to thy rest . . . . .

if you can get your hands on Hell Comes to Frogtown - give that a go. Of course it doesn't touch They Live but it's pretty incredible in its own way!

So I totally missed out on this. Any hope that it comes back or any ninja want to sell/trade with me (PM me please)

if you can get your hands on Hell Comes to Frogtown - give that a go. Of course it doesn't touch They Live but it's pretty incredible in its own way!

Thanks for reminding me. :thumbs:
I had overlooked it, but actually did order Frogtown 13th January 2014. It was £13.65 at Amazon - ltd edition of 1,000 - horrifying to see they want over fifty quid for these now! Due to the prevailing circumstances it has remained sealed like so much else round here. So, another little treat for me in due course :)

Reactions: Marina Blue
Thanks for reminding me. :thumbs:
I had overlooked it, but actually did order Frogtown 13th January 2014. It was £13.65 at Amazon - ltd edition of 1,000 - horrifying to see they want over fifty quid for these now! Due to the prevailing circumstances it has remained sealed like so much else round here. So, another little treat for me in due course :)
I would advise just finding the dvd cheap somewhere and keeping that sealed. That movie does not need to be seen in hi-def. And that release will only go up in value. Those arrow video releases always go up.

Reactions: JackRegan
I would advise just finding the dvd cheap somewhere and keeping that sealed. That movie does not need to be seen in hi-def. And that release will only go up in value. Those arrow video releases always go up.

I opened mine the day it turned up. I absolutely didn't consider it'd go up so drastically (like Hellgate which is hilariously awful).

PS apologies for going super off-topic there.

Hell Comes to Frogtown was a Arrow Video release on Blu-ray it was limited to 1,000

Its now Out of Print and only available from third party sellers and prices are high

You are very likely right; they could be £100 next year at this rate.

@garabe - I also bought Hellgate - and that's still sealed as well - and apparently they want over £80 for them already!!!

I'm wondering now, in light of Roddy Piper's sad passing whether They Live will go through the roof. It seems possible.

You are very likely right; they could be £100 next year at this rate.

@garabe - I also bought Hellgate - and that's still sealed as well - and apparently they want over £80 for them already!!!

I'm wondering now, in light of Roddy Piper's sad passing whether They Live will go through the roof. It seems possible.

Hellgate was on netflix, truly atrocious. At that time they went for £35/40 but yeah it's nearly £80 average now.

I hope the They Live steels sell now because it's a beauty.

Hellgate was on netflix, truly atrocious. At that time they went for £35/40 but yeah it's nearly £80 average now.

Yes, Hellgate it not a good film! Frankly, I had an inkling it would be a good investment; but obviously didn't know.

They Live is inded a beauty; and I have always been surprised it didn't sell out in pre-order.

Yes, Hellgate it not a good film! Frankly, I had an inkling it would be a good investment; but obviously didn't know.

They Live is inded a beauty; and I have always been surprised it didn't sell out in pre-order.

Was bummed these all sold out the day Roddy died (in addition to being bummed that Roddy died).
Managed to get one on eBay for not too bad of a price:

Reactions: Scary Hair