'Total Recall' - In theaters August 3, 2012

Feb 9, 2012
OK, so this is already the third or forth film from 2012 to get a teaser of the full trailer. I think it tells us how much this year is So much anticipated film-wise, that even their trailers getting trailers. :hilarious:

So here it is, a 30 seconds sneak pick preview for "Total Recall":
[media=youtube]_Z4Z-E-Mxbo[/media]

Full trailer to be released on following Sunday.

New official poster release:
1zvefib.jpg

The full trailer has now been released, and can be watched at Apple Trailers:
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/totalrecall/

Also available at YouTube, though they continue to remove it from the site:
[media=youtube]0nsxU3m8iKo[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like Minority Report starring Colin Farrell. Oh wait, Colin was in Minority Report, you say? I guess the studio is getting a 2'fer with this one. Raping two classic sci-fi films in one fell swoop.

People may not realize it yet, but this movie will probably have the best catfight scene of 2012 involving two awesome female action stars:

Beckinsale versus Biel

Since Wiseman is Kate Beckinsale's husband, you know he'll make both actresses look good when they fight.

love the Arnie original to bits.
not the biggest fan of Colin but that 30 sec teaser intrigued me so will go and see this

I definitely don't think it's a good idea to do a remake of a movie which original main star's fan base is bigger than the movie's itself.

Reactions: blumaster
Minority Report is also PG-13, and it's a great film. I think this actually might be even better.

this is Total Recall though. And Total Recall was originally rated X when it first came before the MPAA. They than trimmed down some of the graphic violence in order to get an R rating.

This Total Recall is a bastardization of a classic.

and just LOL @ "I think this actually might be even better."
Minority Report was directed by Spielberg, a legendary filmmaker, and starred Tom Cruise, a megastar.
Total Recall (2012) is directed by Len Wiseman of 'Underworld' fame and stars Colin Farrell, star of the 'Fright Night' remake.

I 100% guarantee this will not be better than Minority Report.

Last edited:
I forgot to take these variables into account, and I didn't like any of the Underworld films.

The remake of Total Recall reminds me Minority Report a little bit, so that is the reason I actually think it might work. I really hated the original take of Total Recall, I think this take has some great potential.

My point was, PG-13 won't necessarily make it a bad film, hence the example above. The plot doesn't need to be rated-R in order to work, but that is just my own opinion.

My point was, PG-13 won't necessarily make it a bad film, hence the example above. The plot doesn't need to be rated-R in order to work, but that is just my own opinion.

Here's the thing that rubs me the wrong way about this movie.

They're calling it a new adaptation of the short story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale," not a remake of Total Recall. Yet, they're using all of the characters from the original and are calling it Total Recall.

Did they just make one main villain for this movie? Meaning, did they merge Cohaagan (ronnie cox) and Richter (michael ironside) into just one role played by Bryan Cranston? Or it's possible that Beckinsale is going to have a bigger role and be like a combination of Stone and Ironside?

Richter is the one character they eliminated. Lori's role is expanded. She is both a covert spy & security team leader.

Here's the thing that rubs me the wrong way about this movie.

They're calling it a new adaptation of the short story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale," not a remake of Total Recall. Yet, they're using all of the characters from the original and are calling it Total Recall.
Yeah I guess it makes sense, though I've read it is also based on the original film as well.