'Total Recall' - In theaters August 3, 2012

Feb 9, 2012
OK, so this is already the third or forth film from 2012 to get a teaser of the full trailer. I think it tells us how much this year is So much anticipated film-wise, that even their trailers getting trailers. :hilarious:

So here it is, a 30 seconds sneak pick preview for "Total Recall":
[media=youtube]_Z4Z-E-Mxbo[/media]

Full trailer to be released on following Sunday.

New official poster release:
1zvefib.jpg

The full trailer has now been released, and can be watched at Apple Trailers:
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/totalrecall/

Also available at YouTube, though they continue to remove it from the site:
[media=youtube]0nsxU3m8iKo[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I guess it makes sense, though I've read it is also based on the original film as well.

Total Recall was all about getting your ass to Mars. This one does not mention Mars.

This movie is saying "we're totally out of original ideas but remember that movie Total Recall? Here's a movie that has the same name, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the original Total Recall other than it's based on the same short story and has lifted all the characters names....And we've made it PG13 so all the teens can go."

The original was a box office smash, grossing $119,394,840 domestically in 1990. This "new adaptation" will not surpass $119,394,840 domestic.

I guess I just really hate studios that do this. If you're going to remake Friday the 13th, Camp Crystal Lake is the setting. If you remake Nightmare on Elm St., Elm St. is the setting. If you remake Batman, it's set in Gotham City. And I think Mars is as important to Total Recall as the characters and plot. It's what gave it such a grand scale. Quaid goes to Mars, gets the girl, kills the bad guys and saves the entire planet!

I would've named this movie either "Recall", "Rekall", or "Rekal" as in the short story. That way the main character could still go to Rekall and get the implant, because that's what happens in the short story. And you can go from there, the main character tries to take down New Shanghia High or whatever it is.

What did you not like about the original Total Recall? The acting? Special effects? Not caring for Arnold in general? Because Total Recall was Arnold totally on top of his game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ripclaw
This movie looks awesome! The new trailer does show a fight scene between Beckinsale and Biel.

As a big Philip K. Dick fan, the original story isnt something to gush over. He has tons of better books and stories that havent been put on screen. It's no big deal that this movie isnt focused on Mars too. I love the original film and this one looks good too. I guarantee it wont be some memorable classic since the movie doesnt have Arnold, Benny, 3-breasted dwarf, and Verhoven, but this new version looks as good as Minority Report, which is just an entertaining, visually impressive but forgettable film.

And any film that uses the skills of Beckinsale and Biel gets big points for me. Beckinsale already has her Underworld franchise but Beil deserves one as well already - I dont know what's taking Hollywood so long - she's an attractive, athletic, buff, likable actress and a good actress as well. She's been in a bunch of action movies already but now it's time for her to headline.

A friend of mine works with the CGI on this one, he showed me some of the pre-visualization shots. I think at least the design is very cool. Lets hope the story is as good :)

They had not come very far when I saw the material. Quite early in the process