Transformers: Age of Extinction - June 27, 2014

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
A mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down Autobots and Decepticons - and a paranoid government official - on them.
With: Mark Wahlberg

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ubGpDoyJvmI[/media]

Original post:
Although nothing is official...

JASON Statham is being lined up to star in the next Transformers movie.

Huge opening weekend box office returns have convinced studio bosses to green light Transformers 4 but with a new male lead.

And Jason, who’s dating Rosie Huntington Whitely, is said to be the hot favorite.

“One of the stars being mentioned is Rosie’s boyfriend Jason Statham,” says a Hollywood insider.

“It’s clear the franchise still has huge potential but with a new leading man capable of taking Transformers in a new, darker direction. Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie.”

Rosie recently revealed how her movie role bought her closer to Jason.

“He’s extremely proud and he’s extremely excited to see the movie,” she said . “I love his films and now I get to love doing action too. So that’s something that we definitely share in common now.”

Attachments

• hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 332
  • transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
It seems Bumblebee is getting something of a makeover for Transformers: Age of Extinction. An image from the Carrera Toys product catalog shows his new look, which you can check out below:

Transformers-Bumblebee.jpg

We also have some new details on what the humans will be doing while Bumblebee is admiring his new look in the mirror. Brazilian site Omelete posted the following spoiler-y synopsis (hat tip to TFW2005 for the translation):

Four years after the Battle of Chicago, the government is using reverse-engineered leftover technology to build their own Transformers. Joshua (Stanley Tucci) is an arrogant designer who believes the Autobots are “pieces of junk” and creating his own robots is a form of art. He’s fills basically the same role as Agent Simmons from the previous trilogy.

Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) is a widowed inventor who lives in a farm with his daughter Tessa (Nicola Peltz), unaware that she’s dating a race car driver, Shane (Jack Reynor). Cade finds a piece of Cybertronian technology and takes it back to his farm, but it is accidentally activated, leading the government and alien bounty hunters to his farm. The bounty hunters (it’s unclear if they’re connected to the Decepticons) have antigravity weapons which they use to abduct Tessa. In another scene, an entire transatlantic cruise ship is raised out of the ocean and crosses through a busy intersection while the protagonists are in the middle of a car chase.

Sophia Myles is playing Darcy, Joshua’s assistant and an archaeologist. Cade, Tessa, Shane, Joshua and Darcy are the main human character, and the main subplot is Shane trying to prove his worth to Cade. Also, Cade addresses Bumblebee as “Bee” and calms him down when Joshua trash-talks him, indicating he might be Bumblebee’s new owner.

Titus Welliver’s character, Savoy, is the leader of a team of agents sent by Harold Attinger (Kelsey Grammer) to capture the protagonists.

Paramount hasn’t confirmed all these new details, but as they line up with what we already know about the movie, we’re inclined to believe them. Transformers: Age of Extinction opens June 27.

http://www.slashfilm.com/sequel-bits-xxx-3-conjuring-2-purge-2-entourage-transformers-4/

:movie:

Reactions: ocielz
There better be a Super Bowl TV Stop! :angry: I remember the one for Revenge of the Fallen! That was awesome! :thumbs:

Reactions: ocielz
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot ?1@!@!? wait for this!!

I saw my first trailer for this last night and I'm glad the franchise is moving on. Much as I like the first 3 films it needed a change of direction slightly and I'm hoping a new lead will do that :)