Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: November 25, 2013
Purchase link: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen LIVE NOW!
Price: £14.99
Notes: Embossed

10830502-1373044753-379439.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379420.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379435.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379499.jpg

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 538
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered both for under 20 quid with student discount. I knew this would drop in price. Get in :LOL:

I'm only gonna keep my disney stuff pre ordered. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot continuously dropping their prices so soon after release.. no one will pre order anything at this is rate and so zavvi will drop their prices to get rid of stock.. they're gonna end up putting themselves outta the steelbook game when no one pre ordering and waiting till the steelbooks are under a tenner. They have lost a loyal pre order costomer right here. Thanks a lot zavvi:thumbs:

I'm only gonna keep my disney stuff pre ordered. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot continuously dropping their prices so soon after release.. no one will pre order anything at this is rate and so zavvi will drop their prices to get rid of stock.. they're gonna end up putting themselves outta the steelbook game when no one pre ordering and waiting till the steelbooks are under a tenner. They have lost a loyal pre order costomer right here. Thanks a lot zavvi:thumbs:

Agreed, I've only got all the disney + pixar steels on pre-order + thor. I'll cancel some of them too if they're not sold out by release date. I wouldn't say zavvi has killed this game but it's certainly has a different vibe since last year with play.com + hmv.

Reactions: chunk
Dang it i just got this in the mail Wednesday. :( oh well. It will be my last preorder. Especially after how the dropped the jungle book to 10 gbp also. That sucked after it cost so much to preorder that.

Well i am keeping Thor, and the Disney/Pixar steelbooks.

I am canceling the rest.

Transformers was released last week and now its £10.99.

I am done with preorders

Reactions: kron and chunk

Agreed, I've only got all the disney + pixar steels on pre-order + thor. I'll cancel some of them too if they're not sold out by release date. I wouldn't say zavvi has killed this game but it's certainly has a different vibe since last year with play.com + hmv.

I'm more worried about the way they're doing business, if they carry on selling so many steelbook's at such slashed prices and customers stop pre ordering and paying full price in favor of waiting for a big price drop then zavvi will end up losing money or find that the steelbook game is not profitable enough to continue with exclusive steelbooks. I personally like a lot of their steelbook choices, they've bought out some good stuff (and some not so good stuff, to be fair lol). I haven't got any real idea about how their business works but I do feel like if they continue to rub our noses in our pre orders being a waste of money then a lot of their future releases are not going to be snapped up like usual cos we're all waiting for the inevitable price drop.. its not a big problem right now but if they don't start holding their prices for at least 2 months after release I'll personally never make another pre order unless its a popular title that I have to get straight away, eg the disney titles. Sorry for the long post. I think this is the first time I've made a negative comment about zavvi.. I was angry earlier but now I'm just concerned about their future cos I like their exclusive SB and I don't want them to keep pi**ing off their loyal customers to the point us and them lose out.

Or they could just charge less at release and not take the p*$$ with there pricing to encourage pre-orders. How many would've preordered this if £10.99 was the release price - alot more i'm guessing.

£14.99 for a catalogue title is a joke.
£21+ for a new release (single disk) too.

And this is why I cancelled pretty much all my zavvi preorders a week or so ago....Im now willing to take my chances and wait for the inevitable price drop, unless its something I really want or suspect it will sell out quickly.

...I had both of these on preorder and cancelled them suspecting a price drop in the near future, and now barely a week since release, Ive saved a tenner. I'll have them for £10.99 each which is how much they should have been in the first place.

The early bird catches the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese :thumbs:

I'm more worried about the way they're doing business, if they carry on selling so many steelbook's at such slashed prices and customers stop pre ordering and paying full price in favor of waiting for a big price drop then zavvi will end up losing money or find that the steelbook game is not profitable enough to continue with exclusive steelbooks. I personally like a lot of their steelbook choices, they've bought out some good stuff (and some not so good stuff, to be fair lol). I haven't got any real idea about how their business works but I do feel like if they continue to rub our noses in our pre orders being a waste of money then a lot of their future releases are not going to be snapped up like usual cos we're all waiting for the inevitable price drop.. its not a big problem right now but if they don't start holding their prices for at least 2 months after release I'll personally never make another pre order unless its a popular title that I have to get straight away, eg the disney titles. Sorry for the long post. I think this is the first time I've made a negative comment about zavvi.. I was angry earlier but now I'm just concerned about their future cos I like their exclusive SB and I don't want them to keep pi**ing off their loyal customers to the point us and them lose out.

Love your post :thumbs:

The word LIMITED lost its meaning when Zavvi came along. They lost the plot when they decided many catalogue releases required steelbook versions. IMO they seem to not understand the average collector needs breathing room between releases :( They flooded the market and are now forced to price drop on remaining stock of every steelbook they release thus putting off customers who pre order.

Cut back the amount of releases, offer fair pre order pricing, improve customer service, improve packaging are just a few issues I'd like fixed before I pre order anything again

The word LIMITED lost its meaning when Zavvi came along. They lost the plot when they decided many catalogue releases required steelbook versions. IMO they seem to not understand the average collector needs breathing room between releases :( They flooded the market and are now forced to price drop on remaining stock of every steelbook they release thus putting off customers who pre order.

Cut back the amount of releases, offer fair pre order pricing, improve customer service, improve packaging are just a few issues I'd like fixed before I pre order anything again

:thumbs:Perfectly said, I 100% agree with you.
Also, your advice for improvments that zavvi should make, are SPOT ON!:scat:

Sorry to everyone for my getting off topic in my last few posts, when my overpriced transformers turns up i'll comment on what I think of the steelbook. By everyone's pics it looks great ( would've liked it better at £10.99 lol)

Reactions: huggy2k4 and harry
Stopped pre ordering most of Zavvi's a while ago. I really wanted this one though so pre ordered never expected it to be discounted quite so quickly - piss takers..whatever.

Reactions: harry and chunk
Well as someone who does most of Zavvi pre orders I can understand that if after a few months stock is not selling a price drop would be inevitable. But on the very next week after so many customers have pre ordered in good faith, this is a proper smack in the chops. I would recommend everyone cancels all Zavvi pre orders including Pixar and Disney and well order only on a bargain.

Well as someone who does most of Zavvi pre orders I can understand that if after a few months stock is not selling a price drop would be inevitable. But on the very next week after so many customers have pre ordered in good faith, this is a proper smack in the chops. I would recommend everyone cancels all Zavvi pre orders including Pixar and Disney and well order only on a bargain.

Well said , fuming over this :angry:

Would be awesome if all we ninjas do an arrangement for canceling our pre-orders and look what happens after the titles are released :)

It would be awesome to see Zavvi left with a load of stock which they have to sell for massive losses, potentially crippling the company and leaving Amazon as the only major Steelbook retailer in the UK? Yes, totally awesome! Zavvi do have to make a profit if we want them to continue releasing Steelbooks. :rolleyes:

Reactions: FanOfGaming
I do have to say that this was a massive kick in the teeth from Zavvi, I've cancelled all of the back catalogue SB's but not the Disney's as I don't want to get shafted when the up the price on their eBay site around the release date.

Reactions: harry

How has the The word "limited" lost its meaning?

When did Zavvi ever state they would only release a limited number of titles as steelbooks?

How has the The word "limited" lost its meaning?

When did Zavvi ever state they would only release a limited number of titles as steelbooks?

I thought Zavvi were stating 4k release on certain steelbook which is now certainly not the case, Tron etc?

Wouldn't be surpised to see the rocketeer come back.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Just going to cancel 90% of my pre orders this is a piss take .... no more I will wait in future :angry:

I am doing this although just no point financially to keep them really.