Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: November 25, 2013
Purchase link: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen LIVE NOW!
Price: £14.99
Notes: Embossed

10830502-1373044753-379439.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379420.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379435.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379499.jpg

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 539
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 381
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 449
Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes it does just looked back at ricster's photos, it has the glyphs inside.

FS does have inside art. this zavvi version is a nice release but it doesent match up to the FS version in my opinion.

Possibly agree... (only possibly actually).

But consider Zavvi price is about $23 USD shipped (with coupon code).

FS price ranges from what ... $60 to $150?

So that's like saying... yah that BMW 323i is nice, but not as nice as that fully loaded BMW M5 sedan.

well fortunately for me i own the original release and i paid less than that for it at the time. well like i say the zavvi release is nice and if people want to pay cheaper for that version i dont blame them but i certainly wouldent want it instead of my FS version.

Much like the rerelease of watchmen. I prefer the FS version and the same here. Wasn't blown away when I unboxed it. The blue so much more vibrant on the original release. The embossing simply doesn't work on these steels on small fonts. Same as POTA. Instead of embossing the title, emboss the robot for a change.

Besides, when the FS version of this cost me £10 it's looking more and more of a steel :D

So having just unwrapped mine I have to say the back cover looks really nice, when you angle the steelbook the glyph's catch the light, kind of like the claws and sword on The Wolverine steelbook . So the finish on the back looks really good to me. Here's the strange thing though.. the glyph's are more muted on the front they don't reflect in the light at all? Not a bad steelbook but the quality of the print, finish and the alignment on the embossing lets it down.

So having just unwrapped mine I have to say the back cover looks really nice, when you angle the steelbook glyph's catch the light kind of like the claws and sword on The Wolverine steelbook . So the finish on the back looks really good to me. Here's the strange thing though.. the glyph's are more muted on the front they don't reflect in the light at all? Not a bad steelbook but the quality of the print, finish and the alignment on the embossing lets it down.

Yeah it's a powdery matte finish on the front for sure. No zero / reflective finish on front. Back does have some pop to it.

Much like the rerelease of watchmen. I prefer the FS version and the same here. Wasn't blown away when I unboxed it. The blue so much more vibrant on the original release. The embossing simply doesn't work on these steels on small fonts. Same as POTA. Instead of embossing the title, emboss the robot for a change.

Besides, when the FS version of this cost me £10 it's looking more and more of a steel :D

I agree. Forbidden Planet was nice. I'd like to see more of the art work embossed rather than just the title.

anyone else thought to compare this with the play.com steelbook? Its a great reference point as both steels have partial images of Optimus Prime on a minimal b/g

...go fish it out from your collection, compare the two and post what u think :movie:

Just successfully won a brand new copy of big screen blu ray on eBay for just £4.45 delievered :scat: I've got an empty steel that ill use for the 2 disc inlay. It will be first time I try spine removal.

Last edited:
Is the "Big Screen edition" aka imax bluray worth it?

Can get it for £12 on amazon, always been intrested in it, but wanna know if its worth it.

Sounds like it is just for the forest fight scene. It's also the extended cut of the film. There was a discussion a few pages back starting pg28. I've ordered one from Amazon.com for about £10.