True Romance (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 19, 2021
Purchase links: Steelbook - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

0.jpg5.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Noodles the steelbook, slip and poster art is all by Sam Gilbey. It’s the other ammray version you’ve posted the details about which is Sara deck art.

this the description for the steelbook deluxe version

Special Features:

• New 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives by Arrow Films
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of both cuts
  • Limited Edition SteelBook housed in Deluxe rigid packaging, both with newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
  • 60-page perfect-bound collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Morgan and Nicholas Clement, a 2008 Maxim oral history featuring interviews with cast and crew, and Edgar Wright’s 2012 eulogy for Tony Scott
  • Double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Coming Home In A Body Bag poster newly illustrated by Matthew Griffin
  • Hollywood postcard illustrated by Raffi Antounian, originally commissioned for True Romance Fest
  • “Clarence/Alabama” tattoo design sticker
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Audio commentary by director Tony Scott
  • Audio commentary by writer Quentin Tarantino
  • Audio commentary by stars Christian Slater & Patricia Arquette
  • Audio commentary by critic Tim Lucas
  • Select scene commentaries by stars Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt and Michael Rapaport
  • Brand new select scene commentary by star Saul Rubinek
  • New interview with costume designer Susan Becker
  • New interview with co-editor Michael Tronick
  • New interview with co-composers Mark Mancina and John Van Tongeren
  • New interview with Larry Taylor, author of Tony Scott: A Filmmaker on Fire
  • New interview with Daniel Storm, co-founder of the annual True Romance Fest and owner of the original Cadillac
  • Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Tony Scott
  • Alternate ending with optional commentaries by Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino
  • Electronic press kit featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Tony Scott, Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper and Gary Oldman
  • Trailers and TV spots
  • Image galleries
*** EXTRAS STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***

• Informative
Reactions: milky
Looks like I got my artists the wrong way around... steelbook edition is by Sam Gilbey and the LE is by Sara Deck.

Reactions: Flloydo
@Noodles the steelbook, slip and poster art is all by Sam Gilbey. It’s the other ammray version you’ve posted the details about which is Sara deck art.

this the description for the steelbook deluxe version

Special Features:

• New 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives by Arrow Films
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of both cuts
  • Limited Edition SteelBook housed in Deluxe rigid packaging, both with newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
  • 60-page perfect-bound collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Morgan and Nicholas Clement, a 2008 Maxim oral history featuring interviews with cast and crew, and Edgar Wright’s 2012 eulogy for Tony Scott
  • Double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Coming Home In A Body Bag poster newly illustrated by Matthew Griffin
  • Hollywood postcard illustrated by Raffi Antounian, originally commissioned for True Romance Fest
  • “Clarence/Alabama” tattoo design sticker
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Audio commentary by director Tony Scott
  • Audio commentary by writer Quentin Tarantino
  • Audio commentary by stars Christian Slater & Patricia Arquette
  • Audio commentary by critic Tim Lucas
  • Select scene commentaries by stars Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt and Michael Rapaport
  • Brand new select scene commentary by star Saul Rubinek
  • New interview with costume designer Susan Becker
  • New interview with co-editor Michael Tronick
  • New interview with co-composers Mark Mancina and John Van Tongeren
  • New interview with Larry Taylor, author of Tony Scott: A Filmmaker on Fire
  • New interview with Daniel Storm, co-founder of the annual True Romance Fest and owner of the original Cadillac
  • Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Tony Scott
  • Alternate ending with optional commentaries by Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino
  • Electronic press kit featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Tony Scott, Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper and Gary Oldman
  • Trailers and TV spots
  • Image galleries
*** EXTRAS STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***
Lol yeah, just corrected myself. I did actually initially say the steel was by Sam (looked like his style to me), but then heard otherwise, so I deleted that post and reposted saying it was Sara's. :wacky:

Reactions: Flloydo
I really like the art on the slip but I'm not giving money to Zavvi so I'm going with the LE.
Pity, I can see more of this happening now that Zavvi own Arrow.

Lol yeah, just corrected myself. I did actually initially say the steel was by Sam (looked like his style to me), but then heard otherwise, so I deleted that post and reposted saying it was Sara's. :wacky:

Also always been a fan of his work too. I’ve always wanted his Steve Zissou life aquatic print

Reactions: Noodles
Christian Slater looks like a Plasticine figure on the backcover of the steel. There are so man cover-arts and posters of this movie - why did they have to take these ones? The Slipbox cover is the only good one, I think

Mental! Wasn’t aware of that. Also explains the price boosts. Arrow steels were once £14.99 -£17.99. Not £30 like a brand new Disney film

Watch zavvi completely abuse their catalogue. Funny thing is, most arrow steels end up in the bargain bin anyway. £12.99 or less