Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 25, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99

71eEi-n5xTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71WHgFOLq6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91HFU73l66L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Could it be legal reasons. Sometimes different regions have different rights and maybe someone screwed up like the famous Arrow Django 4k carry on a few years back?
Django was a different issue due to Blue Underground having rights in USA to any Blu-ray releases in 2018
Arrow USA Blu-ray edition was originally to be released in 2018
Distribution rights issue was then sorted in 2020 and arrow then got the ok to sell that Blu-ray release
Arrow USA 4K release was never affected as that was a later release in 2021

U-571 It's a StudioCanal release in UK/France/Germany and the amaray is still been released in UK

It might be some artist rights issue in regards to artwork used with the SteelBook or StudioCanal just decided to cancel the SteelBook release for UK and just have amaray release instead

Django was a different issue due to Blue Underground having rights in USA to any Blu-ray releases in 2018
Arrow USA Blu-ray edition was originally to be released in 2018
Distribution rights issue was then sorted in 2020 and arrow then got the ok to sell that Blu-ray release
Arrow USA 4K release was never affected as that was a later release in 2021

U-571 It's a StudioCanal release in UK/France/Germany and the amaray is still been released in UK

It might be some rights issue in regards to artwork used with the SteelBook or they just decided to cancel the SteelBook release for UK and just have amaray release instead
Will be interested to see if the german sequences have built in subs or you can call them up. On my laserdisc the German sequences have no subtitles in the picture area. The only time I have seen this done for the film.

Amazon UK say this is being delivered to me on Monday. Be interesting to see what actually turns up, probably the amaray :shipped:

Amazon UK say this is being delivered to me on Monday. Be interesting to see what actually turns up, probably the amaray :shipped:

I'm in same boat but you will read delivery ESTIMATE
So until they dispatch it means nothing but I'm trying to be hopeful with fingers crossed good wind behind and all that

Well just had the magic email saying we will email you AS SOON AS WE HAVE A DELIVERY DATE

Off to cancel now this is dead oh well nice dream have to go for German one instead
You think some idiot at amazon would contact there supplier

Well just had the magic email saying we will email you AS SOON AS WE HAVE A DELIVERY DATE

Off to cancel now this is dead oh well nice dream have to go for German one instead
You think some idiot at amazon would contact there supplier
German one sold out but you can get a preorder one from amazon Italy for same price delivered as UK. That's what I've gone for.

Reactions: Basil
Much better than the Godawful UK art. Ordered from Amazon France. Let's see what abomination the Americans come up with.