Uncharted 3 (PS3 Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Aug 22, 2011
England
(I figured this deserved a thread of it's own. Thanks for the heads up Ashcroft and Mayflower!)

I've seen some eBay sales listing a stand alone steelbook release for this. They all seem to be in Hong Kong. I'm guessing they're probably fake, unless anyone else has found a genuine source for this?

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/games.asp?sku=36400

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/news/pressDetail/243654

369c57ba08804dd7dab83efcff55b930aac525d7

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I got UC3 today and wont even play it. Too busy today to play any games, but even so I'm hooked on BF3 :) Tho I think I'll try and play story mode UC3 and online BF3 here soon when things calm down.

Does anyone know if the DLC from the Asian edition (those multiplayer kickbacks) would work in conjunction with DLC from the North American PSN?

I am thinking about importing the Hong Kong version for the DLC and slipcover, but I also have some DLC preorder bonus codes I got from the North American (CDN) version for the Canadian PSN. Does anyone know if I could install both of the DLC code from the HK PSN and from the CDN PSN onto the same game?

Almost done with UC3 (89%) on hard. There are some really tough spots but nothing that doesn't take more than 3 tries. It taken me (according to the game) 7hrs to get this far, but thats because ive been looking for the treasures.

Does anyone know if the DLC from the Asian edition (those multiplayer kickbacks) would work in conjunction with DLC from the North American PSN?

I am thinking about importing the Hong Kong version for the DLC and slipcover, but I also have some DLC preorder bonus codes I got from the North American (CDN) version for the Canadian PSN. Does anyone know if I could install both of the DLC code from the HK PSN and from the CDN PSN onto the same game?

If you're importing Hong Kong version, you need to open Hong Kong account to download the DLC (mostly multiplayer stuff anyway). After you download them, however, you can play the game on any account you wish to play them on.

And no, in my experience DLC from one area doesn't work on another. The only exception I've seen is German DLCs for Arkham City, which worked interchangeably with Australian ones and I assume for most European countries including UK as well.

Last edited:
If you're importing Hong Kong version, you need to open Hong Kong account to download the DLC (mostly multiplayer stuff anyway). After you download them, however, you can play the game on any account you wish to play them on.

And no, in my experience DLC from one area doesn't work on another. The only exception I've seen is German DLCs for Arkham City, which worked interchangeably with Australian ones and I assume for most European countries including UK as well.
Thanks, still thinking about the HK one. I am not a fan of slipcovers though for my PS3 games, tend to remove them and put them in those clear protective bags instead since most PS3 Steelbooks do not come in slipcovers... all about keeping conformity on the shelf. :scat:

By the way, does anyone know whether or not the Asian version has the behind-the-scene videos that are on the disc of the North American release?

There are a ton of con job eBay listings for this now, either using the steelbook image but not saying it's the steelbook in the description, or saying the product may vary. Or worse, saying it's the steelbook, but that it's a free upgrade to the steelbook while stocks last. So they could just send one person the steelbook, and the other 49 buyers the regular version.

I know you'd have to be a moron to fall for any of those, but still.

Got mine today, can't believe it got here so fast by regular airmail. The ebay seller (buytoy2) boxed it up nicely (no padding mind) and it's in perfect condition.

Happily my copy arrived today in perfect condition. :oohyeah:

Very glad I bought this version as the slipcover really adds to the beauty of the SteelBook™. :cool:

Got my UC3 steelbook and it looks great. I think I might have to get my hands on the UC2 steelbook aswell. now if only I could also get my hands on UC1, but I don't think that one has a steelbook

Thanks for that info Shakylechner. I'm waiting for Yesasia to ship my Transformers 3 steelbook so I can get a $5 off coupon that I plan on using towards Uncharted 3.