Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO the people who ordered online for store pickup got steels whereas people who ordered online for delivery may have mostly been stuck with slipcovers. Obviously there will be exceptions but that is my guess

Spawn, they may have more in the regular 3D BR section. Did you check there as well?

Ash, yes, I checked all over the store. Only 3 copies put out. It doesn't mean they weren't holding them for people who bought online for pickup, but i thought it was odd.

Reactions: ash333
ML-it may have depended on who at the store 'picked' the order. Since the same sku was on both the Lent and the Steel, unless a person in store licked the Steel a customer would have received a Lent once they got there (there were far more of those on the rack).

ML-it may have depended on who at the store 'picked' the order. Since the same sku was on both the Lent and the Steel, unless a person in store licked the Steel a customer would have received a Lent once they got there (there were far more of those on the rack).

true, just from my two BBs near me the one I preordered from for store pickup had placed the steelbook version aside for me (maybe they knew they would have an angry MLL on their hands if they didn't :angry:) and the BB by my house had placed the steelbook version aside for their pre-orders so my comment was really based on my experiences with this release :drool:

Had to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond today to buy a pineapple slicer....yada yada yada...A few stores down there was a Best Buy. So I decided to see if I could snag some Ghostriders, which they didn't have a display for, but they did have 4 Underworld's left. Snagged a copy with the cash on me as a replacement for my slightly damaged copy. Hopefully they're still $24.99 when I go back Sunday afternoon.

TMO, Best Buy owns Futureshop. They were probably damaged in transit, warehouse, etc...

Sorry, should have said "used" instead of "bought" (I know about the BB/FS relationship).

Anything is possible as far as the damage goes, but it’s not like we haven't seen defective steelbooks before.

Like I said in my case the damage was under the information label, which was not damaged at all, which make me think it was a defect.

With this label being paper and not cardboard any external damage would have punched a hole in it (paper).

If BB is restocking, let’s see if any others appear with issues (hopefully not!).

which make me think it was a defect.

I noticed a small scratch on the top right corner (looking at the side) on many of the steelbooks. Nothing wrong with the seal though. Only a few did not have this. Since it was in the same spot on so many, I figured it was a defect.

STEELBOOK is beautiful but the film is a dud.
I'd rather turn the sound off & watch Kate crawl through the duct work from behind. Maybe loop-it for a while. That scene is waaaaay too short!:hilarious:

Hahaha that scene stood out the most in the commercials. Sad to know it's too short! Still haven't watched this yet though.

i found 3 copies on shelf at best buy on friday while i was looking for wrath. they weren't there a couple of weeks ago.

i'm not sure how they got on shelf, but i was so happy to find them :)