Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, you have not been around long enough-there was a giant hoopla when FS had the Disney Steels for pre-order, and lets not discuss the Disney coupon issue that pops up everytime one is released (some stores take it, others don't etc etc). Every retailer has its problems, comes with the turf and complexity of it all...

Reactions: ash333
boy your Best Buy stores in the US sound like horror stories... never had any issues with the Best Buy's or Future Shop's here in Canada. *** Fingers crossed, lol***

Horror stories to some, adventure stories to others. It is all a matter of perspective :D

You have to give us steelbook collectors south of the border from you some slack since this is all still very new to us for both consumers and retailers :hilarious::hilarious:

'Adventure' is right. I was 1/2 naked when I saw Andy's post (those two things really should not go together). I was about to take a shower...then suddenly I jumped up and was back in my clothes racing down a high way to BB....not the evening I pictured...:hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333 and ocielz
Man, DB, 1/2 naked, and monitoring posts???? That is a picture I will have a "hard" time forgetting.

But back on topic, it is interesting this seems so limited in number. Perhaps Wreck can find out its production number just to see if other countries might be getting limited numbers too.

Hey guys I am a happy dude as my wife has just ordered this as a surprise for me!

Someone is selling these in the US on ebay for £25.99 with free delivery to the UK!

Pretty sweet price tbh.

I cannot wait to get my copy! Yikes!!!

Hey guys I am a happy dude as my wife has just ordered this as a surprise for me!

Someone is selling these in the US on ebay for £25.99 with free delivery to the UK!

Pretty sweet price tbh.

I cannot wait to get my copy! Yikes!!!

Congrats! This one is a keeper, your wife that is! :hilarious::hilarious:

Seriously that is a really good price especially on ebay!

Last edited:
I am glad you guys made me paranoid, thank you for that. I swung by after work to see if they had got Ghost Rider in yet (was told there trucks come in on Thursday but steels can be tricky because they are sent directly from the studios) and also to see how many Underworlds they had left.

And lo and behold they were completely sold out of Underworld today I am so glad I was paranoid and made sure I grabbed mine yesterday.

Yes, it does seem that this item may go OOS soon. Rather surprising, I must say.

Going by history, blu-ray steelbooks in the US go OOS pretty fast, usually within a week of the release date. You would think someone somewhere would jump on this info and plan for more US steelbook releases, not necessary higher production numbers.

Going by history, blu-ray steelbooks in the US go OOS pretty fast, usually within a week of the release date. You would think someone somewhere would jump on this info and plan for more US steelbook releases, not necessary higher production numbers.

What you say makes sense to me now. I was in the US for a 3 week holiday recently and thought Best Buys would be brimming with steelbooks. None of the 3 that I visited had any! What a rude shock!!EEK!EEK!

What you say makes sense to me now. I was in the US for a 3 week holiday recently and thought Best Buys would be brimming with steelbooks. None of the 3 that I visited had any! What a rude shock!!EEK!EEK!

You'll never find any US store brimming with SteelBooks. In fact, you'll rarely find a store with any at all. It's a far cry from a FNAC shop in France, for example, that might have 30 copies of Contagion, Drive, Expendables, and The Immortals, and a dozen other random SteelBooks in stock as well.

When we do get SteelBooks here in the US they print so few, it seems, that they go OOS so fast. And the market is such that the Ebay whores seem to buy multiple copies and dwindle stock even quicker. I mean, go to Ebay right now and you'll see dozens of copies of Awakening for sale, yet you won't be able to find a single copy in any BBY store right now, and its only been out two days!

The SteelBook market is totally upside down in the US right now, IMHO, which makes for a frustrating experience from a customer's point of view. Those in Europe and Canada should feel lucky. :)

Reactions: WKRP
You'll never find any US store brimming with SteelBooks. In fact, you'll rarely find a store with any at all. It's a far cry from a FNAC shop in France, for example, that might have 30 copies of Contagion, Drive, Expendables, and The Immortals, and a dozen other random SteelBooks in stock as well.

When we do get SteelBooks here in the US they print so few, it seems, that they go OOS so fast. And the market is such that the Ebay whores seem to buy multiple copies and dwindle stock even quicker. I mean, go to Ebay right now and you'll see dozens of copies of Awakening for sale, yet you won't be able to find a single copy in any BBY store right now, and its only been out two days!

The SteelBook market is totally upside down in the US right now, IMHO, which makes for a frustrating experience from a customer's point of view. Those in Europe and Canada should feel lucky. :)

Given this situation (the extent to which I did not realize until now), I have to thank 2 members of the forum here. One of them bought and sent to me Ghost Rider 2 and the other, Underworld Awakening (Best Buy). They did all that and charged me only the cost (they could very well have sold these on eBay). I am fortunate to be part of such a caring community.

Reactions: sutti69 and ash333
Given this situation (the extent to which I did not realize until now), I have to thank 2 members of the forum here. One of them bought and sent to me Ghost Rider 2 and the other, Underworld Awakening (Best Buy). They did all that and charged me only the cost (they could very well have sold these on eBay). I am fortunate to be part of such a caring community.

Yes we have many "dark ninjas" and "silent saviors" in this community and often they don't get the recognition or appreciation they deserve. Please acknowledge them when you receive your steelbooks and post pictures in the "last steelbook purchased" thread. Thank you for recognizing this in our community! :oohyeah:

We haven't really had steelbooks in store since the glory days of G1's. When we do get steels in stores be it Best Buy or Wal-mart they are gone in a hurry especially if they are G2. There was once a gluttony of steels to be found in G1 in like 2008, you could walk into Best Buy and find a dozen titles at any given time like Die Hard or Planet Terror those days are long gone though it seemed to be at the time they flooded the market with those first look titles that no one had ever heard of.

Now if you walk in and find one maybe two steelbooks talk about your lucky day.

funniest thing happened when I went to get some extras for a forum member this morning.

I walk in at opening and make a bee-line to the area where I know they are and I already have 4 in my hand and as I am digging out 2 more this woman comes up to the display and picks up a regular 2d blu-ray. But she notices me with my stack of steelbooks and asks me if there was something special about the ones I was taking. So I finished grabbing the last two and I told her in plainspeak that these are a nicer edition than the regular 3d and that since it has 2d it would be fine.

So then she says oh these have been going for a lot on ebay, which obviously meant she really knew but was playing coy. So I was nice and handed her a single copy and went to the 3d section and found the only other remaining copy on the floor (I know there are a few awaiting pre-order pickup but I would never mess with those). So I know she left with only one and there will be one less person trying for a profit on ebay.

Reactions: ash333
Why is this not up to order online or to check in store status .They just have the regular cases online Im going to swing buy best buy tommorow but they will prob be sold out. Best buys shipping sucks too I wouldnt trust them with a steelbook.

We haven't really had steelbooks in store since the glory days of G1's. When we do get steels in stores be it Best Buy or Wal-mart they are gone in a hurry especially if they are G2. There was once a gluttony of steels to be found in G1 in like 2008, you could walk into Best Buy and find a dozen titles at any given time like Die Hard or Planet Terror those days are long gone though it seemed to be at the time they flooded the market with those first look titles that no one had ever heard of.

Now if you walk in and find one maybe two steelbooks talk about your lucky day.

Steels seem to be available in stores in 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGr8BJGWvA

but I guess those days are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
funniest thing happened when I went to get some extras for a forum member this morning.

I walk in at opening and make a bee-line to the area where I know they are and I already have 4 in my hand and as I am digging out 2 more this woman comes up to the display and picks up a regular 2d blu-ray. But she notices me with my stack of steelbooks and asks me if there was something special about the ones I was taking. So I finished grabbing the last two and I told her in plainspeak that these are a nicer edition than the regular 3d and that since it has 2d it would be fine.

So then she says oh these have been going for a lot on ebay, which obviously meant she really knew but was playing coy. So I was nice and handed her a single copy and went to the 3d section and found the only other remaining copy on the floor (I know there are a few awaiting pre-order pickup but I would never mess with those). So I know she left with only one and there will be one less person trying for a profit on ebay.

Hey ML you should have answer "yes they are" with this face ;)
and walk straight to the cash register. :D
j/k

Hey ML you should have answer "yes they are" with this face ;)
and walk straight to the cash register. :D
j/k

Oh I think she was plenty upset enough when I said I was buying these for forum members to give to them at cost and she saw me at the register with my stack :hilarious:

And like I said she wou;dn't even have had that one if it weren't for me being courteous. EEK!