snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: UP 3D
Price: £20.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 units, 2 disc edition: 3D disc is Region FREE, 2D is Region B.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10864601-1385746462-289118.jpg
    10864601-1385746462-289118.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,163
Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit I've loved the recent Disney releases from Zavvi. Both Lady & the Tramp and 101 Dalmatians did not need gloss to look amazing, due to their vibrant nature. This on the other hand suffered from not having a gloss coating. Of course this is only my opinion. Some steelbooks work better as matte others as gloss. This one definitely falls into the latter category. Not disappointed I opted for the Blufans version.

Also huge thanks to @ricster for always being one of the first ninjas to photoshoot the steelbooks ;) Much appreciated!

Really like these steelbooks but why have they changed the size of the jcards? The ones on the jungle book and nemo were perfect size, now they cover up a third of the cover.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey guys please keep the thread on the release being discussed and remain respectful of different collection/edition preferences. Thanks.

::Staff/Community Manager::

Reactions: mnementh
Can we get back on topic please folks. There is no need to worry if one of your posts gets deleted. Sometimes a clean up is needed so we have to remove the posts to get the thread back on topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Reactions: mnementh and ash333
MAJOR Printing Error on Front!!
Tragedy. I didn't think the front could get any busier.

Also the embossing is odd. Title gets embossed but the house is in front of it and flat. The man and boy get embossed but the dog is in front of them. Then the frame uncaringly runs through the art.

The glossy steels are amazing. This one could have looked much better. So glad that I don't have to "settle" for this stuff as a collector. The choices you make early in life effect the choices you have later. If you've just gotta have one -- this ain't it. Bang for the buck doesn't cut it with a beauty like this. Up has some of the most colorful, iconic artwork ever.

Tragedy. I didn't think the front could get any busier.

Also the embossing is odd. Title gets embossed but the house is in front of it and flat. The man and boy get embossed but the dog is in front of them. Then the frame uncaringly runs through the art.

The glossy steels are amazing. This one could have looked much better. So glad that I don't have to "settle" for this stuff as a collector. The choices you make early in life effect the choices you have later. If you've just gotta have one -- this ain't it. Bang for the buck doesn't cut it with a beauty like this. Up has some of the most colorful, iconic artwork ever.

For many it is all about 'bang for buck'. I used to think I had to get the best Steelbook available regardless of cost too, but now I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on Steelbooks anymore. I agree that the Blufans version is better but is it worth the extra cash over this one? I don't think it is personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: ben6212
Anyone got two dents above the boy and old man ?
Just checked mine and I have a fairly small dent/mark between the boy's head and the rope connecting to the house. I probably wouldn't have noticed had I not been looking for it though.