USPS shipping costs went up.

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
:(

Flat rate shipping costs

Flat Rate shipping envelopes that used to be $16.95 anywhere in the world are now $23.95
To Canada went from 12.95 to 19.95

and the biggest large box to anywhere in world that was $60.95 is now $77.95 EEK!

Last edited:
I took 4 packages last Saturday to get prices. A lot of good that did me, the clerk never told me prices were going up today. A package going to UK that was 23.16, today was 31.55. Guess they are trying to catch up to Canada.

this definitely sucks! Too bad there isn't a way HDN members can get a special rate when shipping via USPS. ;)

better news is that tracking has been added to first class packages to Canada but obviously at a cost. More countries will be added. Only available when you print online or via ebay/paypal

Reactions: blumaster
banghead.gif

OMG, I changed importing from CA to the US because of the shipping costs for the same steel...And now virtually no difference! At least shipping from the UK is relatively inexpensive.

I was able to ship 2 steelbooks to the UK today for $18.60, but tracking was an extra $15 so I decided to pass on that. (And they said adding tracking would slow down the shipping)

OMG, I changed importing from CA to the US because of the shipping costs for the same steel...And now virtually no difference! At least shipping from the UK is relatively inexpensive.

I would disagree there; t's a lot cheaper even now from the US than Rip-off Mail. 8 Steels by RM with Tracking is more expensive than using UPS through a freight forwarder which includes detailed tracking and automatic cover to £250. :scat:

I would disagree there; t's a lot cheaper even now from the US than Rip-off Mail. 8 Steels by RM with Tracking is more expensive than using UPS through a freight forwarder which includes detailed tracking and automatic cover to £250. :scat:

I'm not in with the big boys EEK! ...I'm thinking 1 steel shipping pricing

I will say this ... im quoting flat rate shipping costs ... so that means weight doesnt matter for the most part.

so for $23.95 its possible to ship 2 steels extra secure, extra fast (5-10 bus. days) priority

and then ... its still possible to ship 3 in there but with some fenaggling to make sure secure ...

So not too bad when broken down like that.... so $8 USD per steel.

I haven't looked, but what about first class international? What's the difference in cost there?

Its is about double to Canada with the new tracking feature. For example it would cost about $3.45 to ship a regular blu ray to CA under previous rates. New cost is about $7 with tracking at no additional cost if printed via PayPal, eBay or on USPS. com. As stated b4 Canada is first with tracking for 1st class packages. I cannot comment on any other countries till I actually have a transaction there.

the price of a 12 oz. package 1st Class International to the UK went up $3.38. Was $10.03, now $13.41 when printed on-line, $14.90 at the post office.

:(

edit -omg, the price to send just an amaray to the UK is $11.48! Used to be like $7.

Last edited: