Purchase link: Wall-E
Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez can we state our opinion rather than try to force it down everyones throat? We all have our preferences. You arent going to change anyones mind about which one they think is better. Its fine if you dont like the zavvi steelbook but you dont need to tell us every 4 or 5 post or every time someone says they like it. Same goes for the ones that like zavvi and hate Bf. There is heathy discussion but at point it becomes bickering.

Yeah, and it is great that both are so different. Thus no problem to have both in the collection.

For people who collect and keep them sealed this is the worst one out of the bunch.
1) Best Buy/ Future Shop
2) Blufans
3) Zavvi

Quality of finish is not the end be all. I think this zavvi release has HORRIBLE front artwork. The only thing to save this is to put a full slip on it. The blufans has great artwork and an AMAZING lenticular slip, but the finish could be better. Its not a disaster by any means. Some people are just impossible to please.

Its almost embarrassing seeing people being so biased because it is a steel that came out of their backyard and are crying foul at the blufans because it didn't turn out glossy. I will call it when I see it. This artwork is horrendous. You cant polish a turd.

People who display their collection will be displaying the blufans lenti, not this one.

chip... what is your intent here. I am an avid steelbook collector with all the best, latest, and greatest stuffs and I actually prefer the Zavvi steelbook to Blufans.

Blufans has the better collector's package (like duh), but Zavvi steelbook is nicer imo.

I have absolutely no problem with the "wall" on the right side and actually it gives it a bit of a 3D or depth perspective with Wall-E gripping it like that.

If anyone needs a refresher all u have to do is go back and read the blufans thread. Everyone was OMG! Until we found out about the manufacture error and the move to a matte finish. I don't recall anyone in this zavvi thread getting all giddy when photos of this was listed on zavvi.

Reactions: Marina Blue
If anyone needs a refresher all u have to do is go back and read the blufans thread. Everyone was OMG! Until we found out about the manufacture error and the move to a matte finish. I don't recall anyone in this zavvi thread getting all giddy when photos of this was listed on zavvi.
But then what happens - Blufans turns out worse than expected and Zavvi turns out better than expected!

I'm quite gutted actually, I canceled this because of the price, and don't believe the typical Zavvi sold out BS, then saw it listed for £49.99 and thought Jesus, can't be worth that after seeing the mock photos. But after seeing this in hand photos, I'm currently flexing my index finger ready for the F5 button! I WANT IT!!
Sure this will come back in stock, just hope they lower the price a bit[emoji106]

Just in case a anyone thinks I'm going to be paying £50 for it, not a chance in hell, around £20 would be an instant buy from me!

i think some people are the type who can never criticise something they own. a bit like some console owners, those who own a specific console will swear by it and overlook its flaws/weaknesses. i have never understood that type of mentality. if i own something that sucks, i will say so. i own the crow steelbook and the inside art is unimaginative, the video quality merely passable and overall an average steel. i have no problem to acknowledge these things. some people are so proud of their possessions they cant criticise them lol

but lets be honest, if you hadnt ever seen wall e before, and somebody placed the bluefans edition in front of you, and the zavvi one- the blufans one sells the film. its simply better

i think some people are the type who can never criticise something they own. a bit like some console owners, those who own a specific console will swear by it and overlook its flaws/weaknesses. i have never understood that type of mentality. if i own something that sucks, i will say so. i own the crow steelbook and the inside art is unimaginative, the video quality merely passable and overall an average steel. i have no problem to acknowledge these things. some people are so proud of their possessions they cant criticise them lol

but lets be honest, if you hadnt ever seen wall e before, and somebody placed the bluefans edition in front of you, and the zavvi one- the blufans one sells the film. its simply better
this could be true if no one owning both could/would say they preferred the zavvi one(which is supposed for you to be far "worse" than the blufans one)but it can't be, since some like paul own both and say they'll prefer the zavvi one..

there are basically 3important things(most important ones for the steel itself) to a steel:
the type of Finish(shining effect etc or not, glossy or matte finish etc,colors,resolution etc)
the front art choice
the back art choice

most people seem to rather the BF front art, but what about the back..
personally i've always loved and rathered this back art over the BF one

in itself(i know some are thrilled by steelbooks that have front and back maching even though the back "is"/feels a lot empty even for them)i 'm pretty sure most will much more rather the zavvi back over the blufans one with just the sky etc

plus the same can be said to those who have the blufans edition(that they can't criticize what they own)
the finish is less good on the blufans (blufans zero finish at best, zavvi glossy finish) and that's an important point for most of collectors( and by the way for me it has a pretty dull look depending on the light and angle when there's not light on it for instance)
the rest(art) is (at least/best)more or less a matter of /subjectivity..

oh and it's not because i don't have the blufans that i say all these, cause i have it and will sell it ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
I don't know if such heated bickering is usual in relation to a steelbook and I do know that out of all the UK steelbooks in my collection this is the only one that has provoked any emotion in me beyond the usual like/dislike.

Of course we are all different and there will always be those who prefer the flash to the elegant, the unusual artwork to the iconic classic artwork, the cluttered and disjointed to the beautifully minimalist et cetera.

I don't know about the manufacturing problems with the Blufans steelbook or the number of discs inside but I do know that I like the Blufans front image and I applaud the way it spreads across the back to convey the feeling of space/isolation/loneliness which are central themes for much of the film.
There is nothing boring or inferior about having such a wonderful and magical uncluttered image and no good reason to throw the kitchen sink at the thing as per the Zavvi.

this could be true if no one owning both could/would say they preferred the zavvi one(which is supposed for you to be far "worse" than the blufans one)but it can't be, since some like paul own both and say they'll prefer the zavvi one..

there are basically 3important things(most important ones for the steel itself) to a steel:
the type of Finish(shining effect etc or not, glossy or matte finish etc,colors,resolution etc)
the front art choice
the back art choice

most people seem to rather the BF front art, but what about the back..
personally i've always loved and rathered this back art over the BF one

in itself(i know some are thrilled by steelbooks that have front and back maching even though the back "is"/feels a lot empty even for them)i 'm pretty sure most will much more rather the zavvi back over the blufans one with just the sky etc

plus the same can be said to those who have the blufans edition(that they can't criticize what they own)
the finish is less good on the blufans (blufans zero finish at best, zavvi glossy finish) and that's an important point for most of collectors( and by the way for me it has a pretty dull look depending on the light and angle when there's not light on it for instance)
the rest(art) is (at least/best)more or less a matter of /subjectivity..

oh and it's not because i don't have the blufans that i say all these, cause i have it and will sell it ;)
Let me know if still factory sealed and the situation regarding the slipcase as I believe there are two different slipcases?