Purchase link: Wall-E
Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For people who collect and keep them sealed this is the worst one out of the bunch.
1) Best Buy/ Future Shop
2) Blufans
3) Zavvi
The Zavvi one is a lot better than the Blufans by a huge margin
I have both and the Blufans Steelbook is very poor quality finish and low res image

In hand side by side the Zavvi Wall-e stands out its better than Blufans

Well if this is the only criteria used to rate them, BF should be last. After-all, the steel is hidden, in a slipbox. lol

:LOL::giggle::rofl:

The Blufans Lenti Slip is amazing as is the Full Slip but in terms of a steelbook neither of them count when comparing the steelbook itself

The Zavvi Wall-e simply is way better

Blufans blew it with the poor quality matte finish and low res image
If Blufans have of used a higher quality image a full gloss finish they would of had the winner but simply its poor in hand
Zavvi Disney UK Wall-e easily Wins over Blufans for the steelbook itself

Quality of finish is not the end be all. I think this zavvi release has HORRIBLE front artwork. The only thing to save this is to put a full slip on it. The blufans has great artwork and an AMAZING lenticular slip, but the finish could be better. Its not a disaster by any means. Some people are just impossible to please.

Last edited:
Its almost embarrassing seeing people being so biased because it is a steel that came out of their backyard and are crying foul at the blufans because it didn't turn out glossy. I will call it when I see it. This artwork is horrendous. You cant polish a turd.

Quality of finish is not the end be all. I think this zavvi release has HORRIBLE front artwork. The only thing to save this is to put a full slip on it. The blufans has great artwork, but the finish could be better. Its not a disaster by any means. Some people are just impossible to please.
don't just comapre the front artworks, also compare the back ones
for me the back of the zavvi is just a great artwork!
whereas the blufans .. meh....
i know people don't generally look at/display the back of their steels as beautiful for them as they are, but i do and i'll gladly do it with that beautiful zavvi back art steel :)
otherwise i agre with you that the blufans artwork is much nicer (and well chosen )than the zavvi one

"People who display their collection will be displaying the blufans lenti, not this one."

people can also display the steels itself and not the slip/fullslip ;)

The Blufans Steelbook is a joke compared to this.

Not really. The Blufans artwork is miles better than Zavvi's. But Zavvi's finish is miles better.

Yes it is @lgans316 @paulboland @Bassaholic

Just don't see how anyone can defend it. It's dull and boring. To all the detractors I'd say get the Zavvi Wall E in your hands, and then come back and, hand on heart and with an open mind tear it's design and finish to pieces - I don't believe you could.

Credit where it's due - Zavvi along with Disney have done a fine job.

Everything about its design has already been said. The pointless wall covering the right half of the front art is my biggest problem with it.

Not really. The Blufans artwork is miles better than Zavvi's. But Zavvi's finish is miles better.

Everything about its design has already been said. The pointless wall covering the right half of the front art is my biggest problem with it.

I have to disagree. The wall isn't pointless, and isn't plain either.
Unless you've held one in your hands, and turned it in the daylight, you can't really appreciate just how good it is.

You should know by now that I give zavvi a hard time much of the time; but frankly, they and Disney have done really good job on this.

Take it with a grain of salt but this release will never come close to the value of the Blufans release...sorry
I have both and Zavvi one is way better
Blufans Lenti is amazing but that's not a steelbook that's a cardboard slip with a lenti

To compare a steelbook you must physically have both and you must ignore any slips or jcards when you do compare
I have both and side by side the Blufans is poor
The image is very low resolution and the matte finish is weak

Zavvi Artwork image might not be as nice but it better quality image and a high quality gloss finish

If you had both in your hand you would see that the Disney UK steelbook is better quality and more colourful

Don't go by my photo's or others photos see both together for real in hand side by side

The Blufans steelbook was meant to be a high quality image and full gloss but they messed up in production and did a hash job to get a steelbook released by cutting corners and produced a poor steelbook and even messed up the inside by adding an extra disc holder that's not used
The Lenti or Full slip no matter how good they are can't change the fact the Blufans steelbook is poor quality to what it was meant to be

If the Blufans had of been as originally planned it would have been the winner but they did not produce that

Its almost embarrassing seeing people being so biased because it is a steel that came out of their backyard and are crying foul at the blufans because it didn't turn out glossy. I will call it when I see it. This artwork is horrendous. You cant polish a turd.

As I said previously - you need to have a copy in your hands to fully appreciate it -I assume you haven't.

It has nothing to do with it being homegrown - it is really good; had Blufans or HDz turned this out the fanboys would be in raptures.

As for the blufans edition's 'artwork' it is almost non existent if we're honest about it, and simply using a higher res and gloss would leave us with your last sentence actually :naughty::naughty: :)

Last edited:
Jeez can we state our opinion rather than try to force it down everyones throat? We all have our preferences. You arent going to change anyones mind about which one they think is better. Its fine if you dont like the zavvi steelbook but you dont need to tell us every 4 or 5 post or every time someone says they like it. Same goes for the ones that like zavvi and hate Bf. There is heathy discussion but at point it becomes bickering.