What's your favorite part of collecting?

What's your favorite part of collecting?

• The hunt.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Receiving packages from all around the world.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Opening the packages.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Making friends and connections.

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • The steels themselves.

• Other.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • The hunt.

• Opening the packages.

• The steels themselves.

• Other.

• The hunt.

• Opening the packages.

• The steels themselves.

• Other.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the hunt, especially when overseas. But its also a thrill to find a fellow trader here who has a Steel I want, and vice versa. Receiving and opening packages from around the world is a close second, though.

Its also really cool to be a part of a community that's based around this obscure yet passionate hobby. :)

Love getting packages. Even though I know what's in them, it still is fun to get the items. and of course I love the movies, so opening them up and seeing them in person is nice. It's kind of fun to have something you know is not that easy to get.

The hunt is definately my favorite part. After i get them they just sit here and make me ponder which ones i should get rid of to make room. Everytime i think i'm ready to part with some of my higher priced ones, like romeo & juliet and moulon rouge and such, i just can't do it. I think it's going to take me getting rid of one of them, so it'll be more easy to rid of about 50 of them.

Opening them for the first time (and praying there's no dents) is very exciting. It's like a mini orgasm for me ;)

For me is receiving packages from all over the world. I like foreign creativity and sometimes obtaining an item from another country has everything that I would want. Also making connections with people.

The hunt has lasted a few months. Now I have what I mostly want. Hunts are less satisfying now, but I still spend a couple hours a night checking out the open Opera web browser tabs.

Buying a new steel or occasional other collectible package is a rush too, and it keeps me pumped up until the steel arrives.

I wonder whether I got a new "present" when I get home from work. Usually not, but sometimes it's two packages, which I'd prefer to be spaced out a bit. It's great getting a plain package and opening it up to find something that is just what I would have ordered for myself.

I bit of apprehension overcomes me as I make a thorough inspection. There are sometimes bits wrong but sometimes it's perfect.

Then I sit it next to all the other unopened steels.

I think of getting a custom wall display to show the faces of the steels behind glass to keep the dust off them. I added them to my blu-ray.com listing as soon as I completed the transaction, so until I get my display together, that's the place I see my steels the most, little icons on my screen.

I am getting my Pioneer Kuro TV calibrated and buying new speakers and probably some audio separates before I start opening my steels.

And I'll be back tomorrow to consider, dream and hunt some more.

The hunt for the steelbook that you want is great and that feeling you get when you have tracked it down and found a good price , sending loads of private messages on here trying to secure a deal or a trade .
The Group-buys are all-ways fun and everyone is having a bit of banter along the way towards that good posting day when the package is sent out , and you look forward to getting home from work to see if a parcel has been delivered .
Then you just sit and look at the steel thinking do i open it or keep it sealed thats one big problem for me as i'm sure its the same with other members on here as well lol .
its great to be part of a community that shares the same love for blu-rays and steelbooks and those that collect digi-boxes or just the slipovers and other collectable items .

Thats my little input and on a final note thanks to all the collectors and admin staff who give away such great prizes and for the work they commit to the site to keep it nice and tidy and safe

I often find myself looking at my shelves and wondering where my copy of "Jaws" on steel is....I figured I would use a visual aid....

meclaw.jpg

for me it's also the hunt spending hours online trawling evilbay, google, the other forums, ect, then when i find that elusive steel deciding whether i can afford it or not :hilarious: this is followed by the anticipation of getting your hands on it, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.