What's your favorite part of collecting?

What's your favorite part of collecting?

• The hunt.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Receiving packages from all around the world.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Opening the packages.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Making friends and connections.

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • The steels themselves.

• Other.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • The hunt.

• Opening the packages.

• The steels themselves.

• Other.

• The hunt.

• Opening the packages.

• The steels themselves.

• Other.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:joy:

I like the hunt more than anything. I've always been an addict! I need to hunt for something! Before the steels and before I was married, I was actually collecting trophies if you know what I mean. Hopefully I've met my wife and she made a right man out of me :hilarious:

I love movies so for me it will always be about collecting movies that I like to watch. Even if I never wind up opening a steelbook, I still gravitate towards purchasing steels that I would watch. Another factor is art and packaging. Part of the reason I collect steelbooks over amaray is because the packaging is superior and the art is unique (not in all cases). The hunt is nice, but for me it's more about getting a good movie in an awesome package :scat:
Plus I have always been a collector from baseball cards to comic books. I'm a sucker for collector items :D

Opening the packages. :D

I feel like a kid again. :scat:

On second thought I should have said "getting inside that box". :hilarious:

Last edited:
The steels. The "hunt" all comes down to if you're willing to spend the money being asked, finding any steelbook takes seconds, thanks internet.

the hunting..and most important...receiving a package in the mail.

I become sad if I don't get anything in the mail once a week....so I make sure I place an order of "something...doesn't have to be a steelbook but any toys" :)

For the most part I only have steelbooks for movies I want to watch and own at home. Instead of getting regular blurays I get the steelbook version because there so cool and I really enjoy the artwork. I have maybe 1 or 2 steel's that I own that I don't care for the movie and bought it just because it was a steelbook.

Unlike what I find most people on the forums that collect here and elsewhere.... all of my steelbooks are open. I guess in that sense Im not really a collector as I am just a movie lover.

To answer the poll question directly I would have to say Im in "other". The actual movie inside and the entertainment value it provides is my favourite part of "collecting"

I'm a movie nut, I love movies. I also collect movies, so collecting SB's on the side is a plus for me. I like the hunt as well as the SteelBooks themselves. Also, the art is way better on a SB than a regular Amaray IMO. :)

I like the hunt, but the thrill of having the packet in hand, with all the stickers and stamps from around the world....then I revert to my 7 year old Christmas morning face of oooooooo....

I've gone for Receiving from around the world, but of course there is making good friends and more importantly being Broke :hilarious:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to my fellow board members :drool:

I do like the hunt most as you know as soon as you have it you will go looking for the next thing! I also like meeting other people on great forums like this one! I am first and foremost a collector though, i am still collecting DVD's even now!

For me it's the hunt and the fat that I can pay homage to my favorite without having to find place for those gigantic, unpractically sized collector sets. Steelbooks are clean but each one has its own details.

For me its just that I am just a big fan of movies in general, I know there are some people out there that think what is the point of watching a movie you already seen but iwatch all of my movies a lot especially when there is nothing on tv. Getting or finding an awsome steelbook is just the iceing on the cake.

The hunt definitely makes this hobby very interesting although all of the choices mentioned above certainly adds to what draws me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.