What's your favorite part of collecting?

What's your favorite part of collecting?

• The hunt.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Receiving packages from all around the world.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Opening the packages.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Making friends and connections.

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • The steels themselves.

• Other.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • The hunt.

• Opening the packages.

• The steels themselves.

• Other.

• The hunt.

• Opening the packages.

• The steels themselves.

• Other.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a conversation piece. Whenever company comes over and see some of my steelbooks it sparks an interest. It amazes me how many people have never seen/heard of them before.

Personal joy of getting what I wanted :scat: and see afterwards that others have a hard hard hard time getting it.

The hunt is still my favorite, and of course finding the most insane deals possible! Once the deal is concluded, I like the excitement of waiting for the package and then I do live unboxings and share the emotion. And then well, the item or items just go into my old tv cabinet or shelf. I don't get attached to my steels at all.

For me it's gotta be the hunt! And the love of movies!

That special feeling you get when tracking down that rare item you've been looking for years :)

I only collect limited editions of movies I like or that I might be interested in.

For me it's definitely the steels, even the more common ones are still rare compared to amarays & I love to collect things. I used to be obsessed with PS3 trophies (Ended up with 125 platinums EEK!) I stopped collecting them but I still yearned to collect something. Decided one day to look up any limited editions of TDK on eBay & just happened to love the BB & TDK FR double. It's kinda snowballed from there really.

I think the best part is making connections and meeting friends. I think I voted getting packages in the mail last year, but as much time as I spend on here I think it has to be the communication with everyone. Thats what its all about IMO.

I think the best part is making connections and meeting friends. I think I voted getting packages in the mail last year, but as much time as I spend on here I think it has to be the communication with everyone. Thats what its all about IMO.

Agreed! Without all of the people on this site we'd have no one to share our collection with. Well, my wife just rolls her eyes. Not sure about the rest of you.

And Chip...aren't you supposed to be fishing by now?

I would say all of them! :D

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

And biscuitnoir, tnks for the kind reply on Youtube ;) Cheers man!

I chose making friends and connections .... cause without that, I wouldnt have half of what I have due to so much of my collection being non-USA releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.