Which UK Disney / Pixar Blu-ray releases come with a cardboard slipcover?

May 15, 2013
UK
Now that the Disney / Pixar "Buy One, Get One Free" promotion is in full swing, I've decided to upgrade many of my Dvd releases to Blu-Ray releases, as well as fleshing out my collection with titles I didn't have. However, I feel that Amazon and Zavvi have stiffed me on certain titles that should have cardboard slipcovers...

So far I've managed to secure a few slipcovers, and I know for a fact that certain others had one:

Bambi (Diamond Edition Double Play)
Beauty & The Beast (Double Play)
Bolt (Double Play)
Cars
Cars 2
Dumbo (70th ANniversary) Special Edition
Fantasia (2-disc Double Play)
Finding Nemo (3D)
Lady & The Tramp (Diamond Edition)
Monsters Inc.
Pinocchio (70th Anniversary Platinum Edition)
Sleeping Beauty (50th Anniversary Platinum Edition)
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs (Double Play Diamond Edition)
The Jungle Book
The Lion King (Double Play Diamond Edition)
The Lion King (3D)
The Little Mermaid
Toy Story (Double Play Special Edition)
Toy Story 2 (Double Play Special Edition)
Toy Story 3 (Triple Play)
Wreck-It Ralph (3D)

I would like to know exactly which other UK Disney / Pixar Blu-Ray releases should actually come with a cardboard sleeve, preferably with pictures for confirmation. I'm guessing others here will own some not listed above

Am I right in thinking that Disney only release a limited quantity with cardboard slipcovers, and after the initial two or three weeks push out standard Amaray releases?

Perhaps a Moderator could update the thread with a list?

Last edited:
Still looking for information regarding UK Disney / Pixar releases which comes with slipcovers. If you have or know of any that aren't listed above, then please post below!

I saw you commented on my Disney thread, then I saw this so I'll reply here instead lol

Others not on your list that I know have (or used to have) slipcovers are:

Alice in Wonderland, A Christmas Carol, Dumbo, Pinocchio, Pixar Shorts, Prince of Persia, The Princess and The Frog, Tangled, Toy Story 1, 2 & 3 and Up.

Dumbo and Pinocchio slips are really hard to get hold of now, you'll be paying a lot on ebay for them and some others I think bud

Edit: and to answer your question, yes they usually have limited amounts of slips. If you buy them new from amazon today you'd be very lucky if they came with a slipcover

Last edited:
Dumbo and Pinocchio slips are really hard to get hold of now, you'll be paying a lot on ebay for them and some others I think bud

I have purchased these two recently from Amazon.co.uk. Received Pinocchio yesterday (the 3-disc Platinum Edition), only to be fobbed off with a resealed copy with no slipcover! I was outraged, given the fact that I paid a premium price for this release over the other variants available!

I also ordered the 2-disc Special Edition of Fantasia from Amazon.co.uk - What I received came without a slipcover. I'm not holding my breath for all of the other releases that I ordered which I know for a fact should come with a sleeve...

I ordered Jungle Book a couple of weeks ago before the BOGOF kicked in, but despite having been released recently, Amazon sent me a copy minus the sleeve. I reported the item under "missing parts" along with a description of what was missing, yet they still sent me an identical copy without a sleeve!

Yesterday I put in a formal complaint to Amazon.co.uk:

To whom it may concern, I am writing to formally complain about the disappointing service I have received from you over the course of the last couple of months. I am an avid Dvd and Blu-Ray collector, and take a lot of time and effort to pick out the best version of many film releases, be they Limited Editions, Collector's Editions, or releases which come with collectible cardboard slipcovers (referred to as "sleeves" herein). I have placed numerous orders within the last few months for many such items, but have received mixed results from you. Sometimes I receive exactly what I expected, but lately I have been receiving many Blu-Ray releases minus their respective cardboard sleeves. These include, but are not limited to several Universal Reel Heroes releases, and also several of the Disney Classics releases which I have ordered recently.

As a collector I make sure to research these products thoroughly by browsing various collector's forums, and I consider myself somewhat of an expert when it comes to knowing which releases should have cardboard sleeves, and order appropriately. However, I am continuously frustrated at not receiving a complete item when ordering from Amazon.co.uk! I do not know why I am regularly sent items minus their respective sleeves perhaps human error when picking, accidentally damaged stock, or the last of a product line you have in stock?), but I am getting quite fed-up of returning items.

If you browse my purchase history you will see that I have had to return numerous items for the exact same reason, only to then be sent the correct complete item upon complaining! Today I find myself submitting yet more returns for a couple of Disney releases which are incomplete, one of which has been poorly resealed! I deliberately opted for these releases instead of similar single-disc variants (which are currently part of the Disney Buy One Get One Free promotion), but feel disappointed to not receive what I expected. This is unacceptable service from a company that is supposed to be the world's market leader in online shopping, and certainly makes me have second thoughts about ordering from you in the future...

Last edited:
@Heche1981: I don't see how you can complain that a movie that only had a slipcover for a limited time after release didn't come with one several months or perhaps over a year after release.
You do have a point in regards to the new releases though.
I hope you get what you're after. :)

In light of new information provided to me by Ben, I have updated the initial post with more titles. :)

I am currently buying, but still interested in any information regarding UK sleeves. Pictures are preferred, but links to eBay auctions or website listings are also useful

heres a few for your list :D

Ratatouille had 2 slips, a normal one and a double play one.
Enchanted had a double play slip
High School Musical redux had a double play
Tron Legacy has 2 slips a normal double play and a disney rewards one
pirates of the caribbean curse black pearl has 2 slips a normal and a double play one
cars has 2 slips a normal and a double play one
narnia lion witch wardrobe has 2 slips a normal and double play
Prince caspian has a double play one
princess and the frog has a double and triple play
toy story 3 has a double and a triple but also has play.com exclusives for both as well
a christmas carol 3d
tron legacy 3d lenticular and non lenticular
john carter 3d
tangled 3d lenticular and non lenticular
nightmare before christmas has 2 slips a normal and a double play
monsters inc 3d
pixar shorts
pirates of the caribbean 4 3d
cars 2 3d
santa paws
tinkerbell
tinkerbell 2