Which Universal Pictures movie would you like to see from Titans of Cult?

Mar 23, 2021
Hi everyone.

I work for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and I'm just looking at a title listing for our 2022 Titans of Cult releases. What titles would you most love to see on Titans of Cult from our Catalogue?

Thought starters: Jaws / Gladiator / Spartacus / The Thing / Scarface / Jurassic Park

Very keen to get your thoughts though and create something you guys want! Tagging a few of you to get the thread active :) @Noodles / @IRON MAN / @Flloydo /

Atomic Blonde, In Bruges, The Thing, The Big Lebowski (and although it's ony distribution) Chinatown come to mind easily. Should also work well with ToC concepts, I'd imagine. :thumbs:

So here’s my list for now

•Where the buffalo roam
•The thing (been done to death but I’m still waiting on the perfect art with the perfect finish)
•The Dark Crystal
•Harry and the Hendersons
•Batteries not included
•Twins
•Death becomes her
•Twister
•True Lies
•Casper (zavvi steel ain’t good enough)
•The mummy
•The mummy returns
•American Pie
•End of Days (been asking for this forever)
•How High (will never happen)
•8 Mile
•Dawn of the Dead
•Ray
•Jarhead
•Children of men
•As above so below

I would say stuff like Jurassic park but it’s hard to beat the Zavvi steel unless it’s mondo. Same with stuff like Shaun of the dead and hot fuzz - all done to death. And there’s many more films I obviously love that we already have great steels for so there’s just no point. Also no idea who might have distribution for what in the U.K. I’m just naming universal films

And I just looked through a whole list from the 70s - every single universal film and I can see some naming stuff that aren’t universal but distributed by them so there’s probably a sh!t load more on my list but I have no idea what’s what when it comes to another studio but distribution is universal. Gets too confusing

And I wouldn’t just buy those titles because it’s those titles. It has to be art I like (which is why ToC is most likely off the table for me because I just know they won’t be decent artworks) and a decent finish to match. Basically not matte. And especially not streaky matte.

I still want a proper decent 4K release of Scott pilgrim and watchmen too. But I’d prefer them as premiums from China or Korea if I’m completely honest

So here’s my list for now

•Where the buffalo roam
•The thing (been done to death but I’m still waiting on the perfect art with the perfect finish)
•The Dark Crystal
•Harry and the Hendersons
•Batteries not included
•Twins
•Death becomes her
•Twister
•True Lies
•Casper (zavvi steel ain’t good enough)
•The mummy
•The mummy returns
•American Pie
•End of Days (been asking for this forever)
•How High (will never happen)
•8 Mile
•Dawn of the Dead
•Ray
•Jarhead
•Children of men
•As above so below

I would say stuff like Jurassic park but it’s hard to beat the Zavvi steel unless it’s mondo. Same with stuff like Shaun of the dead and hot fuzz - all done to death. And there’s many more films I obviously love that we already have great steels for so there’s just no point. Also no idea who might have distribution for what in the U.K. I’m just naming universal films

And I just looked through a whole list from the 70s - every single universal film and I can see some naming stuff that aren’t universal but distributed by them so there’s probably a sh!t load more on my list but I have no idea what’s what when it comes to another studio but distribution is universal. Gets too confusing

And I wouldn’t just buy those titles because it’s those titles. It has to be art I like (which is why ToC is most likely off the table for me because I just know they won’t be decent artworks) and a decent finish to match. Basically not matte. And especially not streaky matte.

I still want a proper decent 4K release of Scott pilgrim and watchmen too. But I’d prefer them as premiums from China or Korea if I’m completely honest
Don't think you will get true lies. I saw it when I was looking at their catalogue. But it's a fox title and surely Disney have the rights now.

Don't think you will get true lies. I saw it when I was looking at their catalogue. But it's a fox title and surely Disney have the rights now.
I was just naming universal films I’d like to see and that popped up on the list on Wikipedia. Like I said I have no idea on what title is distributed where but looking at it it’s universal everywhere except North America, France and Italy which as you say is Fox

Wasn’t there another member here who also worked for universal?

I remember it was around the time shrek 20th anniversary went up for pre order (because they mentioned their friend/ colleague who designed it) and they told us the finish of smokey and bandit because we were all stressing that releases should be gloss.
That was @johnnythm.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Hi everyone.

I work for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and I'm just looking at a title listing for our 2022 Titans of Cult releases. What titles would you most love to see on Titans of Cult from our Catalogue?

Thought starters: Jaws / Gladiator / Spartacus / The Thing / Scarface / Jurassic Park

Very keen to get your thoughts though and create something you guys want! Tagging a few of you to get the thread active :) @Noodles / @IRON MAN / @Flloydo /

If ToC improve the quality of their releases, and depending on the choice of artwork etc... I'd love to see Wanted get a special treatment.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Mulholland Drive is StudioCanal not Universal
I don't know all the ins and outs—was looking at the Wiki list that includes everything, whether owned or just distributed. I realize not everything on that list is an option, but I didn't dig any further, as I doubt my little post has much influence anyway. :)

Reactions: paulboland
Thanks a lot for your quote @Flloydo but I'm not into ToC releases ;) TBH at first I've liked a couple of them: BR and WW but then I really didn't find anything appealing in them...

No worries. I genuinely didn’t know who to tag because I have no idea who collects them. And I have a feeling the majority I tagged are not fans anyway lol.

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
I don't know all the ins and outs—was looking at the Wiki list that includes everything, whether owned or just distributed. I realize not everything on that list is an option, but I didn't dig any further, as I doubt my little post has much influence anyway. :)
Literally what I did too. I wasn’t delving Into who distributes what so some of my want list are probably off the cards anyway

Reactions: ethnosax
Thanks for the tag @Flloydo

I have a few ToC releases but am very selective because I have to love the film.

I’m pleased with the direction that ToC releases seem to be moving in with the packaging, but if it’s at all possible to slim then down further, that would be great. Unfortunately I haven’t been interested in the most recent releases but would happily buy if it’s the right film and great art.

As for films I’d like to see ToC tackle, here are a few cult classics for me that I’d love and don’t think there have been many unique releases if at all:
- The Mummy films
- Love Actually
- Devil
- Battleship
- True Lies
- Small Soldiers
- Bring It On
- Death Becomes Her
- Bruce Almighty
- The Grudge (2004)
- White Noise
- Drag Me To Hell
- 9 (2009 Animated)
- The Forth Kind
- As Above, So Below

Some more modern, less cult-classics I’d like to see ToC take on even though some have been done already by others:
- Kick Ass films
- The Purge films
- Despicable Me/Minions films
- Shrek
- Old
- The Invisible Man
- Split
- Glass

Think that covers it. I’ve bolded the stuff I really want to see!

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
Hi everyone.

Not interested in Titans of Tat. I'd happily buy quality Steelbooks (ie with titles on the front and no pop art) for:
Love actually
Land Before Time
Van Helsing
Kick Ass
Hot Fuzz
The Frightners
The Mummy (99)
Miami Vice (06)
Forgetting arch Marshall

I own 400+ UK steelbooks and have never purchased Titans of Cult and just reading this thread it seems there is a larger market for standard Steelbooks :)

Thanks

Last edited:
You guys are asking for movies that already had a steelbook, or 2, or 4.
Gotta ask for titles that never had any steelbook releases.

Reactions: Noodles