Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: Print run: Box Set 300 - Lenti 200 - Full Slip 200

FBB4F523-5E56-47F3-94A1-40979EEB8C7C.jpeg2DFF9A21-B305-4CD9-B15F-C27C3BB7C213.jpeg34800271-8AA4-433E-B1B2-41802E910705.jpeg912CCFD2-A554-44D4-96B8-3F4CEB80EB3B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I don't consider anybody needs a GB whenever they can go DIRECT.
GB, on the other side, is helpful when a shop doesn't ship overseas.

If someone can get their copy via GB, can order in the same way DIRECT, without paying any extra PayPal or HDN fees
(which I understand that they are necessary to run the site, but they are OPTIONAL for those who decides to join or not to the GB)

My critic is not about HDN specifically. Is about what many GB can harm the market.
The more GB, more potential demand (in advance), for the same limited supply = more money asked for the same edition.

Even when the retail ask for THE SAME price, buyers, GB runners, and scalpers, will end up paying more and more, over the time.
And that turns out into some admins are asking for more copies than asked in the GB, to resell them in eBay for x2 or x3 prices to "cover" their activities as administrators of GB.
And THIS is what it is not fair. Because MANY people asked or pretended to buy a LIMITED EDITION, when others have privileges.
Do you have to run a GB to have privileges in the collecting world to get more edition than others to put them on sale? To ask for x2 or x3 prices?
I'd better step off than feed that business, but criticizing this fact because I consider it abusive practices.

In addition, just because somebody wants to get money back to cover their "giveaways" or "their services", I don't have to participate to raise their funds.
That's why I don't run a GB (when can go direct), and I don't join to any GB (when can go DIRECT, again), neither I join ANY past giveaways (since I expose my opinion).

The main problem is the GB itself, which can ask the retailer for as many editions as the ADMIN can ask. The business is the business, and I respect and understand this matter.
But when that business leaves others without any option to go DIRECT (because they sold-out already the edition), impose the "join to our GB, and secure your copy, otherwise you will trouble or have to pay eBay prices" is not a fair game.
Manipulation of the market, taking all the available supply to resell later (whoever do it) and scalping with their editions.

THAT makes the market CORRUPT.
If you offer a giveaway, you don't have the right to take the chances to buy an edition of the other.
That would be stealing the spot of others, indirectly.
And that's what I critic.

But, again, it's my opinion.
And the only person I consider he has spoken respectfully, fully understandable, and clear, is @SteelCollz
Thanks.
let it go GIF

@Chemartin_1 Like everyone, you're obviously entitled to your own opinion which I can respect but repeatedly banging on about GB's and scalping etc etc isn't going to change ANYTHING WHATSOEVER going forward. Accept that and move on already :banghead: On another note, you have a strong dislike for members clogging up threads with GIFs/memes but apparently it's ok for you to constantly b!tch/moan (and actually derail threads further) about the same old scalpers/eBay talk blah blah :sleep: Yes, we get it, you've made your stance on that subject more than clear yet you're insistent on chanting the same old thing over and over and over... :bored: I'm not surprised some folks respond to you the way they do as often a wisely chosen GIF can speak louder than any words can. Just for arguments sake, this pretty much sums up how I feel right now after reading your plethora of essays... :pain:

Animated GIF

Yes I get it. You don't want to join a Group Buy because you say you can buy it direct. But you can't buy it direct because they're all sold out due to Group Buys. But you won't join the Group Buys because you can order it direct. But you can't order it direct because of Group Buys.

I think there's a hole in your bucket and Liza can't help you fix it.

Because I don't consider anybody needs a GB whenever they can go DIRECT.
GB, on the other side, is helpful when a shop doesn't ship overseas.

If someone can get their copy via GB, can order in the same way DIRECT, without paying any extra PayPal or HDN fees
(which I understand that they are necessary to run the site, but they are OPTIONAL for those who decides to join or not to the GB)

My critic is not about HDN specifically. Is about what many GB can harm the market.
The more GB, more potential demand (in advance), for the same limited supply = more money asked for the same edition.

Even when the retail ask for THE SAME price, buyers, GB runners, and scalpers, will end up paying more and more, over the time.
And that turns out into some admins are asking for more copies than asked in the GB, to resell them in eBay for x2 or x3 prices to "cover" their activities as administrators of GB.
And THIS is what it is not fair. Because MANY people asked or pretended to buy a LIMITED EDITION, when others have privileges.
Do you have to run a GB to have privileges in the collecting world to get more edition than others to put them on sale? To ask for x2 or x3 prices?
I'd better step off than feed that business, but criticizing this fact because I consider it abusive practices.

In addition, just because somebody wants to get money back to cover their "giveaways" or "their services", I don't have to participate to raise their funds.
That's why I don't run a GB (when can go direct), and I don't join to any GB (when can go DIRECT, again), neither I join ANY past giveaways (since I expose my opinion).

The main problem is the GB itself, which can ask the retailer for as many editions as the ADMIN can ask. The business is the business, and I respect and understand this matter.
But when that business leaves others without any option to go DIRECT (because they sold-out already the edition), impose the "join to our GB, and secure your copy, otherwise you will trouble or have to pay eBay prices" is not a fair game.
Manipulation of the market, taking all the available supply to resell later (whoever do it) and scalping with their editions.

THAT makes the market CORRUPT.
If you offer a giveaway, you don't have the right to take the chances to buy an edition of the other.
That would be stealing the spot of others, indirectly.
And that's what I critic.

But, again, it's my opinion.
And the only person I consider he has spoken respectfully, fully understandable, and clear, is @SteelCollz
Thanks.

There are only a handful of GB hosts but 30x more sellers on various channels including but not limited to eBay. When these "collectors" or direct customers stop reselling for large margins maybe we will too.

Also, a GB host cannot ask for any quantity. If that was possible I would buy every copy of the hot titles and flip them. I am not sure what you meant by administrators of GB's selling for X2 or X3 prices? those people should be banned. I ask for 4x or 5x minimum; my wallet is happy and I know the poor soul is buying to collect it and won't profit from it any further.

Do you know about Pokémon cards and such? there is no GB for it; however, you know how much they can go for in the secondary market.

michael douglas greed GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

There are only a handful of GB hosts but 30x more sellers on various channels including but not limited to eBay. When these "collectors" or direct customers stop reselling for large margins maybe we will too.
If going direct is a rought task even to get just one edition for ourselves,
how can scalpers get many copies to put them on sale just after the sold-out?
Don't think scalpers are going direct any more. At least, going GB is more safe to secure a copy to put it on sale right after the sold-out. That's why I don't like GB whenever you could have went DIRECT.
Also, a GB host cannot ask for any quantity. If that was possible I would buy every copy of the hot titles and flip them. I am not sure what you meant by administrators of GB's selling for X2 or X3 prices? those people should be banned. I ask for 4x or 5x minimum; my wallet is happy and I know the poor soul is buying to collect it and won't profit from it any further.
GB host CAN ask for as much quantities as he/she can.
How THEN are they running GB's if they can not ask the retailer the copies which people pay in advance in GB's?

Scalpers joined to GB (or host them), using others nicknames or their own privileges as a HOST, to get the access to multiple units, buying first to sell later at x2 or x3 the retailer price.
How easy is for a GB runner/host to get as many editions as he/she can? - That's how GB host can run the GB itself, itsn't?
And that is when the retailer accepts the GB, and approved it. Because for them, it's a safe and quick money for their business.

I respect the matter about how business is made by the retailer, who creates and allocate among their potential customers the product. People want their products, and they pay happily for them.
I fully agree. It's a matter of create something that someone wants to pay for. It's valuable.
But when the business to ask for double or triple the price previously asked for the retailer is run by scalpers... it's an opposite matter.
A matter about HOW to steal the spot or chances of others to get ONE edition for him/herselves.
That's not moaning, that is saying the truth (even for those who are harmed to read it). Even here there are people asking me nicely to shup up and go on, why so quiet about a problem which affects to collectors?

Last edited:
Don't think scalpers are going direct any more. At least, going GB is more safe to secure a copy to put it on sale right after the sold-out. That's why I don't like GB whenever you could have went DIRECT.

How THEN are they running GB's if they can not ask the retailer for copies?

Scalpers joined to GB (or host them), using others nicknames, to get the access to multiple units, buying first to sell later at x2 or x3 the retailer price.
How easy is for a GB runner/host to get as many editions as he/she can? - That's how GB host can run the GB itself, itsn't?
AdorableHandmadeIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

How THEN are they running GB's if they can not ask the retailer for copies?

Scalpers joined to GB (or host them), using others nicknames, to get the access to multiple units, buying first to sell later at x2 or x3 the retailer price.
Go Away No GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie