Release date: February 16th, 2015
Purchase link: Wild At Heart
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 copies.

11047995-1417112395-997798.jpg

11047998-1417112395-997878.jpg

11047998-1417112395-997788.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recognised that there is also a similar German release Media Dealer exclusive (1000 copies) and according to German bluray-disc.de this should have English DTS HD MA 5.1 sound
btw...The German release is available for just €12,99

I just recognised that there is also a similar German release Media Dealer exclusive (1000 copies) and according to German bluray-disc.de this should have English DTS HD MA 5.1 sound
He may have recanted, but when the Special Edition Of Blue Velvet on Blu ray came out, he gave an interview explaining why his mix was only LCR. He explained his dislike for surround.
(Wish I could find the article again)
There is (of course) every possibility that some of his films have been remastered without his consent in surround by those who hold the rights to the film. That could very well be the case (as I don't think he holds the rights to all of his material.- that was one of the reasons it took so long to get a proper Blu ray of Twin Peaks).

This was my first David Lynch movie. My mom took me to see it at the movies when I was 12. That might explain a lot about me:)

Not thrilled with the art, but I still want it. Wonder which would be the better one to keep sealed. This one or the Twilight Time release? Probably this one.

I've got the TT. I'll let you know the differences when I get this!!
I saw this on a first date! OMG! Uncomfortable from the first scene!!!
But, you got me beat! Saw it with your mom, at 12?? :OMG:
Child Services should have stepped in!!!:LOL:

The Twilight Time release has extras, the UK has zero extras. Keep the steelbook sealed.

The Twilight Time release has extras, the UK has zero extras. Keep the steelbook sealed.

Have you checked what Blu-ray disc is in the steelbook

2010 UK Blu-ray Disc had no extras
Audio
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Note there was errors in the 5.1 mix

2012 UK Blu-ray re-release Disc has extras
Special Features:

Dumbland All Eight Animated Episodes (SD, 34 min)
Two short films:
The Grandmother - 1970 (SD, 34 min)
Lumiere and Company - 1995 (1 min)

Audio
English PCM 2.0 stereo
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

What Disc is in the Steelbook

2010 Disc or 2012 Disc

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't realize that. I don't have the steel so I can't verify. The Twilight Time disc has these extras (from Blu-ray.com):

• Love, Death, Elvis and Oz: The Making of Wild at Heart (480i; 29:52). Ported over from the DVD along with the other supplements, this is a nicely in depth but hardly revelatory featurette that has good interviews.
  • Original 1990 Making Of EPK (480i; 6:54)
  • Dell's Lunch Counter (Extended Interviews) (480i; 21:05) offers good interviews with various cast and crew (also seen in the above pieces), intercut with scenes from the film. This is authored so that it can either be seen in one fell swoop, or individual interviews can be accessed separately.
  • Specific Spontaneity: Focus on David Lynch (480i; 7:16) doesn't provide any illuminating insight into Lynch's bizarre perspective, but has some okay interviews.
  • David Lynch on the DVD (480i; 2:46). Ummm. . .excuse me--this is a Blu-ray.
  • TV Spots (480i; 1:08)
  • Motion Gallery (480i; 2:11)
  • Original Theatrical Trailer (1080p; 1:53)
  • MGM 90th Anniversary Trailer (1080p; 2:06)
  • Isolated Score and Effects Track is presented via DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0.

I've got the TT. I'll let you know the differences when I get this!!
I saw this on a first date! OMG! Uncomfortable from the first scene!!!
But, you got me beat! Saw it with your mom, at 12?? :OMG:
Child Services should have stepped in!!!:LOL:

I saw all the R rated movies when I was a kid. I think I turned out OK:)

Thanks everyone for the info. Twlight Time looks to be the one to open and watch.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I've had three of these now. The first had a spine slash right down the whole spine, and the next two had the standard spine slashes

I'm going to keep ordering and returning these until they either sell out, I get one that isn't damaged, or Zavvi have enough of me

Has anybody received one of these that isn't damaged?

Think I'll wait for a £5.99 or £6.99 for this one.

Hmm. I'm having fun going back and forth with Zavvi on this one. The first one I got had a spine slash, so it went back for a refund. Then I used the Fast & Furious code to get it for a tenner, which arrived with another spine slash. The next one arrived and looked fine - until I took off the J-card to find a nice dent. So, that went back and I got another one... with a spine slash! I swear it was the first one they just sent back to me. I'm looking forward to seeing which one I get next. Good thing I have a collect+ place nearby.