[WINNER CHOSEN][NINJA WEEK'14 GIVEAWAY] Metalflake Mermaid (Custom Blu-ray Steelbook)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesty

empty wallet Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 3, 2012
Birmingham, UK
Well it wouldn't be Ninja Week if I didn't give something custom away now would it :p

When I saw the work howiesteed was doing with his glossing I got in touch and asked if he

could do something a little 'different' and this is the result and as it's more a

prototype we thought we'd give you lovely Ninja's the chance of having it. It's metal

flake like they do custom car/bikes for anyone confused it's like having glitter in the

gloss coat. The fleck/glitter gives a slight raised effect through the gloss which

Howie is going to try flat down some more but like I said this is a prototype :D

re3u7ata.jpg

6e3ahehu.jpg

To enter: Thank this thread (this is most important as its

where I'll get the list of names from) and post what steelbook you think would look good

done the same way :ohno:

Competition will close on Friday around 6am UK time when I'm back in front of a PC

Shipping: Will be the covered by the winner

Last edited by a moderator:
That's beautiful! I love the Man of Steel edition that Wreck created. The first Thor steel would look freaking awesome like this. :drool:

Great give-away Neil!

I have received my Fantasia last week, and it looks dull. I believe some Metalflake would make it stunning.

Thanks mate!

Ted steelbook, white background with these flecks would look great, also they would cover up all the scratches/manufacturing defects this steelbook is prone to :0

Peter Pan ( especially the back artwork , it would look great).
Thanks for the giveaway :thumbs:

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous, would love a custom steel
Thank you for the giveaway
I think iron man 3 could look good if done properly

Sent from the depths of hell using Tapatalk

First - this looks amazing Neil! Fantastic idea! And well done howiesteed!!! Great work. Looks fantastic for a prototype!

I went through my collection and though about it which Steels would look great with the glitter effect. Perhaps Life of Pi would look good with it. It should be gloss anyway and maybe glitter could add another highlight!

I'd say the recent 'Wreck it Ralph' release by Zavvi. Zavvi was applauded for changing the back but the steel really would have benefited from a bit of gloss

Thanks for the giveaway

That's absolutely stunning EEK!
Well done Zesty and howiesteed :thumbs:

If i had to choose some steels which should also be like this i would (off the top of my head) say these two:

django1-jpg.394673

20130831_133425_zps0954a78d.jpg

I think the glittery finish it end up with it perfect for Disney and animated releases.
Would be great if Zavvi could put htis onto the upcoming Frozen or Cinderella releases.

thanks for giveaway. great idea, great to see the ideas Ninja have to make Steelbook collecting even more interesting!

The Amazing Spiderman (best buy) could look good with this finnish. :)

Superb give-away. Many thanks. :D

Oh my goodness, I love the metal flake effect of this steelbook :drool::drool:

I definitely think when the Frozen steelbook gets released, that would look so amazing with this kind of treatment. :oohyeah:

Thank you for the giveaway :)

yep impressive as the first time you showed me zesty :D
very kind of you and howie
i think any of the warner premium collections would suit this treatment!

Tangled would be perfect for this. The lights in the sky :thumbs:

I am praying to all the gods, that if I win 1 thing this Ninja Week, it'll be this one

Status
Not open for further replies.